Greetings from Appalachia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. It's great to come aboard. I've smoked a pipe for 5 years, I'm a young man still trying to find his niche in society, my preferred tobacconist/Pipe Smith is JM Boswell, and I love intellectual conversation as much as I do 'Baccy. Hope to be a benefit to the community!

-Mike

Well, Mike, step right up. You've come to the right place. There's not a single person here with an I.Q. less than 79, myself included. Welcome to BOB. Smoking is allowed.

Welcome to the brotherhood. Best community of folks you'll find anywhere.

Welcome, Mike! Are you interested in any particular type of philosophy? Most of us must be Platonists -- looking for that ideal tobacco and the ideal pipe(s) to smoke it in. :face: In any case, I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Great to have you on board Mike. I guess we're all still trying to find our way in some way or another so you're not alone they're old chap. I believe you may have found a splendid little place to visit; pipe smoking lends itself to reflective practice and philosophical discourse. There's a fair few academic types that frequent this board so it sounds like you've everything you need under one roof. Here's to sharing a bowl or two with you...

Welcome aboard. So what's your favorite tobacco blend from Boswell? I've been looking at their selection, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Feazelle-n-it":woy2us6p said:
Welcome aboard. So what's your favorite tobacco blend from Boswell? I've been looking at their selection, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Well, the baccy I buy most often when I'm up there is the bulk navy flake they sell. But if you mean their house blends, I'd have to go with Sweet Tea or Boswell's Best.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :)

DrT999":jfp1ah0l said:
Welcome, Mike!  Are you interested in any particular type of philosophy?  Most of us must be Platonists -- looking for that ideal tobacco and the ideal pipe(s) to smoke it in.  :face:   In any case, I hope you enjoy yourself here.
No, I'm more the buffet line kind of philosophy student. A little inspiration here and a little there. Among my inspirations are Epicurus, David Hume, and Bertrand Russell.

Mad Philosopher":xoax8n8y said:
DrT999":xoax8n8y said:
Welcome, Mike!  Are you interested in any particular type of philosophy?  Most of us must be Platonists -- looking for that ideal tobacco and the ideal pipe(s) to smoke it in.  :face:   In any case, I hope you enjoy yourself here.
No, I'm more the buffet line kind of philosophy student. A little inspiration here and a little there. Among my inspirations are Epicurus, David Hume, and Bertrand Russell.
I understand the approach; I'm more of a philosophical lightweight for personal preference (Cicero, Seneca, Erasmus) even if I have to deal with more mainstream philosophies when teaching

Welcome Mike! I think we have now met our quota of philosophers. :geek:

Under your picture it says 1 hour west of dc. If we're talking rush hour that might be Falls Church. With an accident you might not clear Arlington. In perfect conditions you can get a hell of a way from the city in an hour, though I can't remember the last time that actually happened for me. Anyways, this NoVa piper welcomes you.

Welcome, Mad Philosopher! I happen to hold a Bachelor and Master's in philosophy.  :)