Greetings from Bulgaria

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
balkan_boy":kq515xxs said:
Aristokles":kq515xxs said:
Welcome!
Now we have an agent in the Balkan tobacco regions? Cool.
Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk. I order all my tobacco from the USA.
You have no idea how blessed you are (tobacco wise) living in America.
So no one grows tobacco there now? I wasn't expecting cured, prepared blends, just raw stock.

Aristokles":98i72nf0 said:
balkan_boy":98i72nf0 said:
Aristokles":98i72nf0 said:
Welcome!
Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk.  I order all my tobacco from the USA.
So no one grows tobacco there now? I wasn't expecting cured, prepared blends, just raw stock.
Well, row stock you find a lot. Everybody grows tobacco, especially in Macedonia. There are towns where tobacco is the main source of income for the population.
But you can't smoke that. That's oriental tobacco, and if not mixed with VA or Burley or Latakia or whatever, it's just disgusting. :)
Due to high taxes, many people roll cigarettes with local tobacco, and I must say, it's not the smell you enjoy that's for sure.

balkan_boy":d6gktw6d said:
Aristokles":d6gktw6d said:
balkan_boy":d6gktw6d said:
Aristokles":d6gktw6d said:
Welcome!
Dude, all over the Balkan peninsula, not only Bulgaria and Macedonia, but also Greece and Serbia, you find only aromatic junk.  I order all my tobacco from the USA.
Well, row stock you find a lot. Everybody grows tobacco, especially in Macedonia. There are towns where tobacco is the main source of income for the population.
But you can't smoke that. That's oriental tobacco, and if not mixed with VA or Burley or Latakia or whatever, it's just disgusting. :)
Due to high taxes, many people roll cigarettes with local tobacco, and I must say, it's not the smell you enjoy that's for sure.
Yes, that is exactly what I inquire about - blending Orientals. Big money to get a hold of over here.

balkan_boy":ihzxgmja said:
Aristokles":ihzxgmja said:
balkan_boy":ihzxgmja said:
Aristokles":ihzxgmja said:
Yes, that is exactly what I inquire about - blending Orientals. Big money to get a hold of over here.
Are you in tobacco business?

PM me if you're interested in buying raw orientals.
Naw, I'm retired now. I considered a venture but in today's legal environment here for tobacco, I figured I could not invest effort wise the commitment needed. BUT I ask because I am not the only one who reads these forums - the professionals do, too.

Although some Dubeck would be nice.  :D 

Always good to hear what a piper "from away" has to say about the habit. Americans have a history of being a little surly sometimes about some things. But it seems to work out okay. You know, tea, booze, tobacco ...

Oh, and welcome. I look forward to learning more from you.

Welcome to the forum Nikita, glad to have you on board.  :) 

AJ

KevinM":53s23n69 said:
Always good to hear what a piper "from away" has to say about the habit. Americans have a history of being a little surly sometimes about some things. But it seems to work out okay. You know, tea, booze, tobacco ...

Oh, and welcome. I look forward to learning more from you.
I'm afraid our way of doing things does not differ much. :) It's pretty much the same. But the forum is awesome, and I love being a part of it.

Thanks for the warm welcome.