Greetings from Charlotte, NC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysander

Reaction score
Thanks for having me. I'm a pipe & cigar smoking, libertarian, bird hunting, shotgun clay games shooting, book reading, gym exercising, retired real estate appraiser. Now that I'm retired, I don't know when I had time to work.

I smoked a pipe for a couple of years back some forty years ago. Now I've picked a pipe up again and am fascinated. Regrettably, I gave my pipes away, so I'm having to rebuild an assortment which I'm doing primarily through ebay. I've gotten a couple of jewels and a couple of dogs. I'd like to find a better source of estate pipes. As an aside, whoever re-named a used pipe as an "estate" pipe is a marketing genius.

It's too early for me to have favorite tobacco blends. I'm trying a variety. So far I think I'll favor blends that contain some Latakia or Perique. Aromatics are not for me. If my cigar preferences are any indication, I'll end up favoring a variety of full bodied blends.

My handle is in honor of Lysander Spooner, a relatively minor 19th century historical figure with whom I have many areas of agreement.

Welcome to the brotherhood.

You will find most of the answers to your questions in the various threads, but feel free to chime in anytime.

Welcome to BoB, Lysander. You'll find this a great forum with plenty of helpful and friendly folks. It's a great resource and place to hang out.

For estate pipes, you'd be hard pressed to do better than Viking Club pipes. I've a number of them from our brother Nathan Mattia, and he is skilled in refurbishing. And his prices are more than reasonable!

http://vikingclubpipes.bigcartel.com/

You might remember me from HP.

:face:

Cheers,

RR

Welcome, fellow-piper to the south! (I'm in W-S). I echo Brewdude's recommendation about Viking

"T"

Welcome to BoB, Lysander. Good luck on eBay.... I've been dabbling in it lately, def a crapshoot!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Brewdude, I do indeed remember you from the Herfers Paradise site. IIRC, you attended one of the Charlotte herfs that I missed. Either that or you sent some beer that you made. The Angry Bunny (Kevin) is still talking about the quality of that beer.... Thanks for the Viking Club link. It looks like a more reliable source for estate pipes.

Briar Spirit, thank you for the links. Four of those listed were unknown to me.

Lysander":v6j97k4v said:
Briar Spirit, thank you for the links. Four of those listed were unknown to me.  
You are very welcome. :cheers: :sunny:

With all the codgers and a few bubba's we have here you're gonna be in for some fun times. But truthfully, they are some of the finest folks you'll ever light up with. Welcome :twisted: :twisted: