Greetings from Colorado

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argyraspide

Reaction score
Hello to all.  I am in my early sixties, military (Army) and early SS retiree.  I have smoked a pipe for over forty years.  I have a preference for bents and especially bulldogs.  I prefer aromatic Cavendish tobaccos, and especially black Cavendish.  I presently have exactly one dozen pipes, all but one a briar.  The exception is a Turkish Meerschaum gifted to me by my best friend some thirty plus years ago. The pipe you see in my Avatar is a Nording freehand I got as a gift from my father some forty years ago.  Needless to say it is perfectly broken in and smokes wonderfully.

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. Having a pipe from your Dad has got to be one of your most valued treasures. I'd give anything if I could have one of my Dad's pipes. :) 

AJ

Glad to have you join us here. An experienced pipe smoker like yourself will enjoy this place for sure.
I remember those Danish Freehand pipes from the 1960's very well. You've got a beauty.
:D 

Welcome from a former Coloradan...well, I wasn't born there, but I lived in the Springs for about 6.5 years. I used to go to Stags all the time. Back then you could get lost in their humidor!

Great to have you on board.

I posted the following pics for those of you who have never been able to visit Stags Tobacconist. The place is amazing.

Stag+Tobacconist

Stag+Tobacconist

Growley":cyu3c3xr said:
Welcome from a former Coloradan...well, I wasn't born there, but I lived in the Springs for about 6.5 years. I used to go to Stags all the time. Back then you could get lost in their humidor!

Great to have you on board.

I posted the following pics for those of you who have never been able to visit Stags Tobacconist. The place is amazing.
My thanks to all for the welcomes.

I've lived in Colorado Springs since the Army brought me to Fort Carson in 1992, where I retired in 1997. That Stags is "amazing" is an understatement.  A truly great tobacconist, and I certainly am lucky to live near by it.

Warmly welcome, I m sure you will it very interesting here in this brotherhood,

Welcome, welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around and getting to know you!