Greetings from Denmark

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arko

Reaction score
Hello brothers,

What a nice place you've got here! I'm a 28 year old fella from Copenhagen, Denmark, and I've been enjoying this wonderful hobby since 2005. I started out with aromatics (mostly W.Ø Larsen) but soon found myself in love with the styles of English/Balkan/Oriental. One of my all time favorites is Rattray's Red Rapparee. But something has happened the last six months - I've visited the lands of 'straight' Virginias, and now I have a really hard time coming back! My favorites so far (the ones I couldn't imagine being without!) are: Rattray's Hal O' the Wynd, Old Gowrie, and Marlin Flake. Yes, yes, I know, I'm a sucker for the Rattray's line ;) I know there's a lot in this genre out there that I've yet to try, and I hope some day to be able to get my hands on some of the benchmarks I've been reading about. Like FVF and GLP's Union Square. Especially the latter seems interesting. Sadly they're not easily available over here (I believe they can be ordered from Synjeco in Switzerland, but that's a bit expensive for me right now). Maybe things will change for the better in the future! Keep your fingers crossed, fellas! But till then I'm really happy with my Rattray's ...

I don't have a large, expensive collection of pipes (the most valuable pipe I own is a Anne Julie), but that's the way I want it. The Anne Julie pipe is a lovely smoker but I don't like smoking it ... I'm always too cautious when I do. My favorite pipes in my collection (which mostly are based on classical straight shapes like billards, dublins + variations of these), are a Charatan huntsman and a Santana army mount billard (Santana is a Stanwell second).

Other than that: I'm a writer (of fiction), translator, and illustrator. And I'm happily married to a lovely german woman who thinks my pipe smoking is 'hyggeligt' (a danish phrase meaning something in the neighborhood of 'cozy').

Oh, well, just wanted to say hi to all of you -- and thanks for creating this little haven on the webs!

All the best,

Arko

Velkommen, Arko! My girlfriend also thinks my pipe-smoking is hyggeligt.

Hils den lille land for mig!