Greetings from Finland.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raid

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce myself. After lurking here for a while i decided to join the group. I am 46 yo pipe smoker from southwestern coast of Finland. Been an occasional pipe smoker for years but more seriously for about last two years. I decided to quit smoking cigarettes and smoke pipe only: To me smoking has become a sign of moment to sit down, relax and enjoy the fine aroma of pipe tobacco.
Currently i have 5 pipes: 2 Stanwells, 2 Petersons and Lorenzo. I bought most of them used, cleaned and enjoyed. My intention is to get few more as i find a pipe that looks like it was made for me. What is so fine with pipes is the fact that i do not have to get everything here and now, i rather can wait all the time it takes.

I'm married, have two teenage kids and three briard dogs. Besides smoking pipes i use my time with motorcycles, photography and also trying to maintain traditional skills such as woodworking with traditional hand tools and shaving with a straight razors.

Looking forward to get excellent tips and information about pipes and tobaccos from you experienced pipe smoking fellows.

Welcome Raid.. So glad to have you here.. I love photography also.. and of course the good things of life while smoking a pipe life seems to slow down a bit so you can enjoy the views.. This is a great place and some wonderful people..
Chuck..

Welcome!! It must be very nice this time of year there! Are there any Finnish pipe makers of note up there? I'm sure there are but I can't remember ever having seen a Finnish pipe.

Welcome, pull up a chair! :)

You'll find this to be a great bunch of folks, that I am sure of...

Well Raid, you have certainly come to the right place! Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard :)

Heard Finland was rated #1 place to live a few days ago - congrats :)