Greetings from Houston, TX!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesbarber

Reaction score
This seems like a great site and a great place to find good folks interested in keeping a classic pastime active. In this fast paced world it seems most folks just can't find time to just stop and relax. I'm new to the pipe. I've been thinking about it for around 3 or 4 years now but I never jumped in. Now, I'm glad to say I'm in. There has always been something intrguing about the pipe and I can't quite place it. Been around cigs all my life and I just can't understand why no one I know has taken to the pipe. I guess it seems like too much work for some folks. I think that is part of what draws me to it. It's something worth the time and effort. One almost HAS to slow down to enjoy it which is what I aim to do.

Anyone else from Houston know where a good tobacco shop is? It seems everything is downtown, or near it. I'm in the NW/Katy area.

Welcome to BoB. You have made a good decision and come to the right place. Lots o' folks here with plenty of knowledge and experience to share.

A great big welcome from a fellow Houstonian who happens to live on the west side of Houston as well. Unfortunately, there are no "great" pipe stores left in Houston. The Briar Shop in the Rice village sells way overpriced pipes and their tobacco is ok, but overpriced as well. Serious Cigar, used to be Croft's in the good old days, on Richmond is now mainly a cigar shop, but they have a reasonable selection of bulk tobacco but their tin tobacco is outrageously priced. Mike from Croft's still works there, but the pipe section is a far cry from what it used to be. Lone Star tobacco is up on FM 1960, so pretty far away. By the way, there is a Houston pipe club that meets at Serious Cigar (Croft's) on either the first Friday or the last Friday of each month, I am not sure which one. I have yet to attend because something always comes up.

It seems like there is a group of us BofB who are in Houston. We should all get together one day.

Doc (who just joined a few days ago as well)

Yey, I'm not the newest guy anymore! Great to have you and Welcome to BoB!