Greetings from Indiana

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Behike54

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I saw a youtube video from someone on here and they seemed quite nice.

I am a fairly prolific consumer of cigars and was visiting a shop with a very small selection of cigars but a GREAT selection of pipes. I mentioned I had never smoked a pipe before and two guys took it upon themselves to initiate me. One grabbed a pipe, the other some tobacco.

Well, I had you guys all wrong. No pretense, if you call smoking a pipe "work," like I did, you are a lazy...well, you get what I am trying to say. ANYWAY, some rules of the cigar world served me well as did my palate. The aroma and experience was intoxicating.

So I am here to learn about choosing pipes, tobacco, and anything else and meeting some great people.

It's going to be hard being the least experienced guy in the room, but I love going from the slippery slope to free fall.

p.s. feel free to PM if you smoke cigars and feel like trading pipes or tobacco for cigars. I'm new so I have no problem shipping first.

Jack

Welcome aboard Jack..lots of good folks and good info here!

Hello Jack,
Merry Christmas! Glad you've joined us here at BoB... my name is Jack too and I am from Indiana as well, though living in Georgia now. Hope you enjoy your time here and your pipes.

See you on the board.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Glad you found us. You're right, smoking the pipe successfully does involve work, especially at the beginning. But if you hang in there I promise you many more intoxicating experiences such as you have already had. Although cigars have many flavors, pipe tobaccos have that many more.

Before you reach the plateau whereat you begin to have the beast in hand, please ask questions! As many as you have! Someone with years more experience quite usually will come to your aid, happily.

But remember that this really is a pipe board. Although there is a section for cigar discussion, it has very little traffic. On the other hand there are a number of members who smoke cigars in addition to the pipe, so your secondary desire to trade might be more successful.

Looking forward to your posts.

I am currently residing in Evansvilla as of a month ago and I love it. Nice people, good job. Good restaurants given size of city. VERY HAPPY.

I am looking forward to adding pipe smoking into my rotation. I just mentioned cigars in case people liked to trade cigars till I become more experienced. I am a JUMP RIGHT IN kind of person and look forward to learning from others!

The welcome I have received has been warm and encouraging. :D

Just asking because when I was young, my parents moved me kickin' and screamin' to St John, IN, just over the border from Illinois. It's technically a suburb of Chicago, but that's a pure technicality. Lived there for years and have to say I never really felt home there.

Behike54":8npuocja said:
Gentlemen,

was visiting a shop with a very small selection of cigars but a GREAT selection of pipes.

Jack

I wish I had a shop like that near me...everywhere I go, it seems to be the reverse!