Greetings from Ontario!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
Hi folks. New member here from Kitchener, Ontario Canada.

Getting back into my pipes after drifting away in the 90's. Current project is a storage/display cabinet to hold a handful of vintage Brigham briars made in Toronto in the 50s/60s (inherited from my dad) and an almost equal handful of pipes I've collected over the years, including some new-to-me ebay estate pipes I'm hoping to restore. Currently an occasional pipe smoker, as my DW is not a tobacco fan. Mainly get to indulge on camping trips (is it spring yet?!?) and weekends with my brothers.

Would love some recommendations for tobaccos that non-smokers enjoy being around. These woudl greatly improve the chance of me carving out a smoking corner on the patio! :)

Good evening OP and welcome to the board.

Aros tend to go down better than most when it comes to your company, vanillas especially so. Try getting a few samples from your local BM and see what the reaction is from those around you. You'll no doubt end up with a 'that smells nice' somewhere along the way...

Looking forward to seeing you on the forums.

Welcome to the brotherhood. Great folks, lots of good information, check the threads..you'll see.

Welcome to the forums, and best of luck on your tobacco hunt!

"T"

Welcome to BoB! Don't worry, Spring will get here <He said, looking out at a dog walker using ski poles to negotiate the treacherous ice on the street> ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be posting pucs of my new pipe cabinet as soon as I get it finished.

A warm welcome to the forums from a "close" neighbor, ontariopiper!

I see you are smoking Amphora Red. This one should be a crowd pleaser already, no?

Also, you fancy Nightcap so I will not recommend mild aromatics, they will not do it for you. :lol!:

If available in your tobacco shop, give Erinmore Flake a try. It has balls and its aroma is a crowd pleaser.

Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake is also pretty good.

Mac Baren Plumcake should also do the job for you, even though it's milder than Erinmore Flake, but it should satisfy you nevertheless.

If you order online, send me a PM and I will give you a list of suggestions.

Junkyard Dawg":7fbi15d8 said:
A warm welcome to the forums from a "close" neighbor, ontariopiper!

I see you are smoking Amphora Red. This one should be a crowd pleaser already, no?

Also, you fancy Nightcap so I will not recommend mild aromatics, they will not do it for you. :lol!:

If available in your tobacco shop, give Erinmore Flake a try. It has balls and its aroma is a crowd pleaser.

Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake is also pretty good.

Mac Baren Plumcake should also do the job for you, even though it's milder than Erinmore Flake, but it should satisfy you nevertheless.

If you order online, send me a PM and I will give you a list of suggestions.
Thanks for the tobacco recommendations, Dawg! The Amphora goes down well for most people, but my lovely wife is not Most People ;) I have debated the Mac Baren Plumcake before - maybe she'll enjoy/put up with that one.

I reserve the Nightcap for times I won't be anywhere near her afterwards, as it tends to leave a distinct "ashtray" aroma in its wake. Great for around a campfire though.