Greetings from St Louis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobN

Reaction score
Evening all, my name is Bob. I've been lurking here on and off for a long time and I had thought I had joined before, but maybe not. The mind isn't what it used to be. I've been enjoying pipes for almost 40 years. If I were to pick my top five favorite tobaccos at the moment they would be Harvest Moon, Bakerstreet USA, FVF, SWR & Blackwoods Flake. Not in any particular order. I have over 100 pipes. Mostly low to mid priced. Except for a few exceptions to the rule, I can't see spending more than $150.00 and one of my favorites I found in a bucket at Walgreen's for $5.00.

I love to read, music, fishing & camping. Now the the good weather is here I plan to do a lot of walking and bicycle riding so I can try to get a handle on my weight. I'm 6' 2'' and 285 lbs. Luckily my lovely wife of almost 34 years needs to loose too and is excited to join me. She isn't the 95lb girl I married any more (she's only 4' 10''), but she doesn't need to loose as much as me.

This looks like a good group and I think I'll like it here.

Bob -- AKA Kilgore965

Welcome to the BoB forum! I see that you are from St. Louis... are you familiar with a small but ultra high quality BBQ joint (downtown, I believe) called Smokey O's? I have heard a lot about it and it is on my list of places to visit when I get around to taking a long road trip, just to sample all the great BBQ styles that this country has to offer!