Greetings from sunny, tropical Alaska

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just found this forum and sure seems like a place I will enjoy hanging around in.

I started smoking a good old Dr Grabow pipe while in high school in the 70's. Actually did not smoke cigarettes until I was in the U.S. Navy, stationed onboard a submarine. Still smoked pipes, cigarettes were just more convienent. Stopped the cig habit in 2003 and still enjoy pipes and cigars. Needless to say, I have upgraded my pipe collection from that early Dr Grabow :)

Cheers!

John

Welcome John! I think the first pipe I bought myself (as opposed to taking over from my father or given) was my Dr Grabow duke. It still is a great little smoker

I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"

When I get home from work I will post an avatar and finish filling out my profile in order to better introduce myself. So terrible that I get to browse the internet while at work ;)

Hello John, welcome to BoB, one of my favourite pipes is a small Grabow Billiard. ;)

Welcome, John! My first pipe didn't even have a name. I got it and a package of Sir Walter Raleigh for one buck back in 1961. It actually served me for many a year. I think I made all of my mistakes with that pipe, but it didn't smoke badly in spite of all.

Welcome John from Ketchikan, you'll like it here at BoB! What part AK are you in?

Welcome. I had a bunch of uncles who were submariners, and my maternal grandmother christened a navy ship, the Scott, I believe. I also enjoy watching a cable teevee show about people who are looking to buy real estate in Alaska. I remember one of the wives offering reservations about a place that had an outhouse, these comforts being located 50 yards from the house, in bear country, and in a spot that hovered around zero for half the year. No softies in your neighborhood, I imagine ;)