Greetings from the Gunline

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! Justin Chambers Smith here. I am writing from El Paso, Texas: Home of Fort Bliss and the U.S. Army 1st Armor Division. I am a newly commissioned field artillery officer on his second active duty assignment. In 2002 I joined the Army as an enlisted musician. Upon completion of training, I served two tours in Iraq with the 101st Airborne Division. During my first tour, I took up the 'ol pipe. When I returned from deployment, I hot-tailed it down to my local tobacconist and allowed myself to turn into a certified briar junkie. After leaving active duty, I joined the Indiana Army National Guard and pursued/ obtained a philosophy degree. Now I'm back in full time as officer stationed in Texas. As a tobaccophile, I though it prudent to finally join a forum. If there's a pipe/ tobacco "community" here in El Paso, I have yet to find it. :/ Anyway, I've spent the last couple years frequenting Youtube and getting to know the social terrain of the hobby as an outsider. I haven't really touched base with anyone so far and, therefore, think it would be a good idea to jump into pipe society in ernest. Besides, being a single Lieutenant is...well, let's just say my social interactions outside of work are a bit anemic so far! Cheers. Justin

Welcome aboard, Matches! I can't wait for you to meet Kaiser. (similar "briar junkie") :D

Welcome to the forum Justin! I've been to Bliss a couple of times. Nice place to visit :tongue: :tongue:

If you like burgers, ask for Roscoe's. Green chile and grease. One of the best I've ever had!!

Heya Justin and welcome to BoB, a musician eh, which instrument do you play?

Hi Justin! Welcome and once again, a happy and prosperous New Year to you!

Welcome to the BoB mate, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hey Matches, Welcome to BoB! Lots of good folk here; people rib each other, tell stories and even talk pipes and tobacco in some depth. Hope to see you around! Mike

Welcome from Ireland brother! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

I'm also a briar junkie, particularly that of a boswell. welcome to BOB