Greetings from the mid-west

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimpruf

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself to everyone, say hello, and ask one question (for now at least).

I am a new pipe smoker from the mid-west and look forward to engaging with you all. I currently have a Vauen and Savinelli Roma 606EX and have been drawn to the calabash style.

I recently visited a shop that had for sale a Caminetto that really caught my eye. On it was stamped "05-L-27". I have searched all over to see what I could dig up along the lines of production history/year etc on this particular Caminetto and cannot seem to find anything. If anyone could offer any help I would be grateful.

-Kris

Welcome!
There are some Caminetto fans on this forum who can probably help you to decode that stamping.

Welcome to the forum, I just did some fast research on your Caminetto stampings and came up with nothing :cry:

here are a couple links to research your stampings on the Cam. that Brother FROST had posted a while ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.smokers.pipes/browse_thread/thread/ff761937691e9475/6104d678c0c044fc

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.smokers.pipes/browse_thread/thread/57d2860769603efc/39e28398d469fcf8

An e-mail reference from 2001, I can't vouch for the info though since I don't know anything about the guy who wrote it or about Caminettos. This was an answer to a similar questions as yours with regards to a pipe marked 54, 6, 2, 01 (arranged in the four) :

"the quadrant is no longer in use but the basics of grading are always the
same.

54 should be the shape #
6 is the finish (I guess your pipe is blasted or maybe rustic)
2 the serie (2 was the serie of classic shapes)
01 is first year of the new caminetto = 1986 "

So with your pipe, the 52 is the shape number, the 7 is the finish, the 2 is the series and the 02 indicates that is was from the 2nd year of new production caminetto, i.e. 1987 I think.

hope this helps and Welcome to the BoB.
Doc