Greetings from upstate NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippin Took

Reaction score
Hello all. Ive been peeping in here for about a year and reading about pipes and pipe smoking. It was this forum that motivated me to finally take the plunge and pick up my first pipe. Ive been enjoying a pipe for several weeks now so I decided to join. My very first tobacco was Sutliff's Black Cavendish smoked out of a briar pipe. Since then I purchased a nice corncob pipe from Meechum and have experimented with some lighter blends.

Anyway you have a nice group here, and alot of knowledge about pipes and such. I regret not knowing half of you as well as I would, and liking more than half of you as well as you deserve. Cheerio.

Last edited:
Welcome.

“Anyway you have a nice group here, and alot of knowledge about pipes and such. I regret not knowing half of you as well as I would, and liking more than half of you as well as you deserve. Cheerio.”

Are you still there? I was imagining you off in a puff of smoke…disappeared off to a great adventure. Hmmm. Maybe you are!

Welcome.

“Anyway you have a nice group here, and alot of knowledge about pipes and such. I regret not knowing half of you as well as I would, and liking more than half of you as well as you deserve. Cheerio.”

Are you still there? I was imagining you off in a puff of smoke…disappeared off to a great adventure. Hmmm. Maybe you are!
Adventures? We dont want any adventures here, sir. Nasty things, make you late for supper!

Welcome, Pip! Pull up a chair and set a while. If you enjoy Sutliff Black Cavendish you may also enjoy Sutliff's Smooth Black and Gold Cavendish. It's a very mellow blending tobacco they use as a component for many blends. It smokes wonderfully on its own.
From...

Welcome.jpg

Welcome, Pip! Pull up a chair and set a while. If you enjoy Sutliff Black Cavendish you may also enjoy Sutliff's Smooth Black and Gold Cavendish. It's a very mellow blending tobacco they use as a component for many blends. It smokes wonderfully on its own.
From...

View attachment 16941
Thank you. Ive also got the sutliff buttered rum, its a blend of burley and virginia and I think I like the way it smokes a little better than the dark cavendish, so I might really like the Gold.

Im also becoming curious about English blends.

We
Hello all. Ive been peeping in here for about a year and reading about pipes and pipe smoking. It was this forum that motivated me to finally take the plunge and pick up my first pipe. Ive been enjoying a pipe for several weeks now so I decided to join. My very first tobacco was Sutliff's Black Cavendish smoked out of a briar pipe. Since then I purchased a nice corncob pipe from Meechum and have experimented with some lighter blends.

Anyway you have a nice group here, and alot of knowledge about pipes and such. I regret not knowing half of you as well as I would, and liking more than half of you as well as you deserve. Cheerio.
Welcome from W.N.Y.