Greetings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

country69

Reaction score
Greetings one & all. I am new to the forum but have been smoking a pipe off & on for about 18 yrs or so. I use to be a heavy cigarette smoker for around 30 years but have switched to smokeless tobacco, now I am trying to quit that and just stick with my pipe.

Well that is a little bit about me.

Welcome. Could I get to know a little more about you? Like, the meaning of your forum pseudonym? (out of pure curiousity, you know, nothing weird)

Welcome to the BoB! Hopefully you're packing your Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator. In case you've mis-placed it, I'm sure there's one floating around here somewheres....We here at the BoB have found the PU-36 model superior to all others, in terms of planetary destruction and/or manipulation of the space/time continuum, which is extremely helpful in accelerating the aging of pipe tobacco, vintage wines, and single malt whiskeys!

Yes I do Trout Bum, but I did not know that the Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator could be used to accelerate the aging of pipe tobacco, vintage wines, and single malt whiskeys! I will keep that in mind, thanks. :D

I never got back to Greenleaf and answered his question about knowing a little bit about me and for anyone else interested.

I am not much on talking about myself but I will do my best to keep it short and to the point. My love affair with tobacco started at about age 5, both my parents smoked and I would mimic then by grabbing cigarette butts and act like I was smoking. In a sense "playing in the ashtray". So dad sent mom to town to get a pack of Pall Mall non-filters and pops & I started smoking, I made it half way through the second one with in 30 mins and I was vomiting everywhere :lol: but I was hooked on the Vitamin N after that.

Now I am NOT blaming my dad for "making me smoke" because at around age 9 I started sneaking cigarette butts & packs when I could on my own, so it was my choice to be a smoker. Dad smoked a pipe every now & then, but my grandfather was a pipe smoker.

Now when I was 16 & driving I had friends that would buy them for me, plus I started dipping too. So at 18 & 3 months out of High School I join the Army and end up in Germany and my roommate smoked a pipe.
I have always been interested in pipe smoking so I get discharged from the Army and buy myself (it looked a lot like) a Peterson System Rustic Pipe #314, a MM Legend & a pouch of Velvet.

Four years later I loose all my pipes (even the ones that my dad gave me that was his & my grandfathers) in a divorce, she said she did not know what happen to them (but I know her dad got some real nice Peterson's, Dunhill's, Savinelli's & Dr. Grabow's).

Since then it has mainly been Cob's & Dr. Grabows, I will smoke them for a few months, then stop for 3-6 months then start up again for 6 months and so on and so forth for the next 18+ years.
And here we are in 2010, sorry this is a bit long winded :sleep:, but that's everything about tobacco & me for the last 30+ years, I am trying very hard to quit dip & cigs and only stick with my pipe.

Country