Greetings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCook

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I had hoped for something such as this board, and I finally stumbled on it. I have a companion who loves the smell of pipes and she pestered me into puffing regularly again.

Over the years (since Nixon), I've accreted probably 10 pipes I really like and another dozen for occasional use and in the break-in process. My cellar dates back to 2004 - 2005 when I got nervous about future availability and taxation and I really loaded up. At 10 bowls a week, I'm ready for Washington's finest, but damn! good stuff keeps appearing. Hard to stop. Pretty, pretty tins, comforting tins...

I appreciate what you've done on BoB; I've lurked awhile before registering. Trolls, spam and politics tend to poison discussion groups (remember ASP?), and I don't get a sense of that here. I smoke to relax. I hope I have found my people. I'm a type B iconoclast (aren't most pipers?), a scientist by occupation and a renaissance guy by nature.

BTW, I have a lab at my disposal and a great boss who's always looking for new types of customers and analyses to develop to put on his lists. He's a microbiologist, I'm a chemist. I'd love to analyze pipe tobacco on slow days if I knew what to look for (e.g., "sugar" crystals on VA flakes). Ideas?

Good to find you people; hope to learn things.

Welcome and you've been officially designated as the BoB Chemist at Large.

Good to see your from Michigan and welcome to this great place... :cheers: