Greetings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3604

Reaction score
Hello! New member here. I'm looking forward to checking out the site further and entering some discussions here on my days off and learning/hearing your thoughts on various subjects re this wonderful and contemplative hobby.

A brief intro:

I'm from Ontario and a long time occasional pipe smoker - mostly in the fall and spring when hunting and fishing.

I love my Brighams, (all older made in Canada ones) and am looking to add to my collection but specifically the Sportsman models from the 70's. I have two unsmoked ones from that time.

I also love my Philip Trypis pipes. Philip was a master carver for Brigham and after retiring made his own. They look like Brighams but without the filter. Great smokers!

From Plymouth, England

I have 11 Trypis pipes ant they are great smokers

Welcome, beeman! Best of luck with the bees, and I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"

Welcome Beeman! Enjoy the forum.
Bees are fascinating little creatures.
Mike.

200_s_zps4fdd2de1.gif

Welcome aboard.  :D

Welcome sir!
Don't let it get around you have pipes you don't smoke though, I'm still trying to live it down.  

Ya Cartaphilus I know. I will admit to about 1/3 of my collection being un-smoked. A couple I'm saving to start on a special occasion; one on my retirement and one, my Nording "Wild Turkey" hunting pipe will be started when next spring to enjoy when I bag the first spring Tom.

The  others...I don't know why I don't smoke 'em. I'll probably start them in retirement when I'll have more time to hike and canoe and hunt etc. That's when I enjoy my pipes the most - when I can sit and ponder and that a sip of the pipe then a sip of scotch. Altough I've pipe smoked for 20 years, at the moment I only light up a few times a month. If I'm on an excursion I'll light up daily and then nothing again for a month. So, when I do smoke I tend to turn to one of my four favorite pipes.

beeman86":oin46328 said:
Ya Cartaphilus I know. I will admit to about 1/3 of my collection being un-smoked. A couple I'm saving to start on a special occasion; one on my retirement and one, my Nording "Wild Turkey" hunting pipe will be started when next spring to enjoy when I bag the first spring Tom.

The  others...I don't know why I don't smoke 'em. I'll probably start them in retirement when I'll have more time to hike and canoe and hunt etc. That's when I enjoy my pipes the most - when I can sit and ponder and that a sip of the pipe then a sip of scotch. Altough I've pipe smoked for 20 years, at the moment I only light up a few times a month. If I'm on an excursion I'll light up daily and then nothing again for a month. So, when I do smoke I tend to turn to one of my four favorite pipes.
I'm just the opposite, I won't smoke a pipe when I'm in motion, I have to sit back and just enjoy it. I can't walk and chew gum either. The pipes I don't smoke are ones I'll never be able to afford again much less replace but, I enjoy them without smoking them just the same.  ;) 

Sorry, that's what I meant to convey. I'll go on a trip of some kind but I'll wait until I'm camped out enjoying the scenery or sitting in the backyard with a fire.

Walking and smoking a pipe doesn't work for me either.