Greetings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruiser

Reaction score
Greetings from Georgia. Been lurking on the site for a while and find really interesting topics and posts here. I have been accumulating pipes, catalogs and related items for about 40 years and enjoy all the good information found on this site. Great forum.

Welcome to the Forum Cruiser!
Come in, light up, relax & enjoy the fellowship. :pipe:

Welcome aboard Cruiser, I'm also from Georgia near Jasper and Ellijay.

kilted1":w7otcmxt said:
Thanks, it's a small world. I'm in the Dalton area and get to Jasper and Ellijay pretty often.

Thanks for the welcome messages. Somehow the topic was posted 3 times. Dunno where I blew it. Can 2 of the topics be deleted? Tried the edit/delete option but couldn't get them to go away. Don't want to clutter the board with useless topics.

Cruiser":hdny7xgk said:
kilted1":hdny7xgk said:
Thanks, it's a small world. I'm in the Dalton area and get to Jasper and Ellijay pretty often.
That's cool! If you also fish we should get together and kill two birds with one stone. :lol:

Hello and welcome! (I posted this to one of your other greetings posts first before I saw this one :oops: )

LtMac

kilted1":dwdyo7sq said:
Cruiser":dwdyo7sq said:
kilted1":dwdyo7sq said:
That's cool! If you also fish we should get together and kill two birds with one stone. :lol:
Sounds good. I haven't done any fishing in many years but always enjoyed it. We have rambled the mountains in our area for a long time and threw some of our friends into shock when my wife and I started touring the ridges on a motorcycle. The kids have grown so why not? The atmosphere around Ellijay, Dahlonega, Blue Ridge and the smokies is hard to beat. :pipe:

Cruiser, welcome from another Georgia cracker, from Lawrenceville!

Hey Cruiser!

Welcome to our forums. It's nice to see a fellow collector of pipe lore here! I also collect pipe catalogs and ephemera. We should compare notes sometime! :lol: Below are a few pics of my collection. I store some in three ring binders with sheet protectors and some are in large plastic bins. I've put everything in alphabetical order. That little project took me nearly two weeks worth of evenings to do :lol:

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/the-photo-gallery-f20/my-pipe-catalogs-ephemera-t3768.htm#42291

Danish_Pipe_Guy":3fak8r25 said:
Hey Cruiser!

Welcome to our forums. It's nice to see a fellow collector of pipe lore here! I also collect pipe catalogs and ephemera. We should compare notes sometime! :lol: Below are a few pics of my collection. I store some in three ring binders with sheet protectors and some are in large plastic bins. I've put everything in alphabetical order. That little project took me nearly two weeks worth of evenings to do :lol:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/the-photo-gallery-f20/my-pipe-catalogs-ephemera-t3768.htm#42291
I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. My hoard is probably more of an accumulation than a collection. Yours is very impressive and I can tell you really enjoy it. I have mainly old Ries, Wally Frank, Nat Sherman and miscellaneous catalogs from the 60's forward. I have the TUCOPS publications from the 70's forward and a lot of Barry Nevin offerings from years back. It's good reference for explaining some of the old stuff that pops up and fun to re-visit. Your organizational skills are great and I like your layouts. :pipe: