Greetings!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Ranger107, that’s great to hear this group is growing, so great to connect with so many fellow pipers! Haha, I may be become a SoCal refugee very soon myself lol! What are some of your favorite tobaccos or blends to smoke?
Hobbits Weed, CS blends, Choctaw, Rivendell, Northwest Trek. My own Urban Cowboy, a blend SWR, black cav, and McBaren ODF.

I love bengal slices white and some peterson english blends, as well as most aromatics like captain black royal.
Nice Aussiemike, not a big latakia fan myself, but there are certain latakia blends I do enjoy every now and then. One I bought recently for the first time is Drucquer & Sons King''s Fool, which I'm really enjoying. Have you ever tried it?

Thank you Singed, I appreciate the warm welcome and good to know, I hope so as well! What are some of your favorites to smoke?
The past few months I've been reeducating my palate so I try to stay away from aromatics and lean towards blending tobaccos. Most of my current stock is from Sutliff: Virginia slices and Old Professor (English). I meant to order a mixed cavendish but mistakenly ordered Casanova, which is a mild vanilla cased aro.
I regularly smoke Mark Twain, another mild aro with molasses and vanilla flavours. When I treat myself lately I pick up a can of Missouri Meerschaum's 150th anniversary.

Thank you Davy, I appreciate the kind words. What are some of your favorite tobaccos or blends to smoke?
Currently: Dunhill The Apéritif, Orlik Dark Strong Kentucy, MB Symphony, Comoy`s No. 7 Single Coin Sliced and Rattray Hal O` The Wynd.

Overall, I prefer Latakia, Virginia/Perique and Kendal blends.

Thank you Eutychus, I appreciate the kind words. What are some of your favorite tobaccos or blends to smoke?
So far, since a recent return to pipe smoking, I like Daughters & Ryan Three Sails, Mac Baren Golden Extra, Edward G Robinson’s Blend, and Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme. Those will likely be the types I will keep in my rotation: Virginia, Burley, all-around aromatic, and English respectively. I’d be happy with the above four, but I plan to sample a few in each category.

Thank you Balisong, thanks for sharing, I’m a huge Virginia flake fan as well, love me some PS400, Orlik Golden and SG Full Virginia, what are some of your favorites?
I'm with you on SG Full Virginia! I enjoy Dunhill Flake, Wessex Campaign and their Gold and Brown Flake, DAN Hamborger Veermaster, Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia. I have a few tins of Orlik Golden Sliced and I usually open one to celebrate the start of summer.

The past few months I've been reeducating my palate so I try to stay away from aromatics and lean towards blending tobaccos. Most of my current stock is from Sutliff: Virginia slices and Old Professor (English). I meant to order a mixed cavendish but mistakenly ordered Casanova, which is a mild vanilla cased aro.
I regularly smoke Mark Twain, another mild aro with molasses and vanilla flavours. When I treat myself lately I pick up a can of Missouri Meerschaum's 150th anniversary.
Thanks for the share Singed, definitely need to try Old Professor, Mark Twain and the MM 150th!

Currently: Dunhill The Apéritif, Orlik Dark Strong Kentucy, MB Symphony, Comoy`s No. 7 Single Coin Sliced and Rattray Hal O` The Wynd.

Overall, I prefer Latakia, Virginia/Perique and Kendal blends.
seNice Davy, jealous of that Apertif and Orlik DSK what's the age on those??? Haven't had the symphony or No. 7, and can't go wrong with HOTW!

So far, since a recent return to pipe smoking, I like Daughters & Ryan Three Sails, Mac Baren Golden Extra, Edward G Robinson’s Blend, and Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme. Those will likely be the types I will keep in my rotation: Virginia, Burley, all-around aromatic, and English respectively. I’d be happy with the above four, but I plan to sample a few in each category.
Nice, welcome back to piping Eutychus! I've heard about the Edward G Robinson’s Blend, I believe it was Muttnchop Piper who mentioned it was his Father's only tobacco, and I'll have to try the Daughters & Ryan Three Sails, as it looks and sounds amazing from what I pulled up online, the other two I'm familiar with and great selections (y)

I'm with you on SG Full Virginia! I enjoy Dunhill Flake, Wessex Campaign and their Gold and Brown Flake, DAN Hamborger Veermaster, Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia. I have a few tins of Orlik Golden Sliced and I usually open one to celebrate the start of summer.
Nice Balisong, yes you can't go wrong with SGFV! Haven't had Dunhill Flake, but I have had the Peterson Flake. However, I found Dunhill Flake online a couple days ago with 10 years of age on it, so I should be able to report back on it soon! I have yet to try any Wessex tins, as they're scarce, but I found some with age the other day as well. I need to try DAN Hamborger Veermaster and the HH PV. I'll be getting some HH Rustica soon, as I keep hearing about it, and Orlik GS I LOVE as well, definitely the right move for summer (y)