Grizzlies! Live from Alaska!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinM

Reaction score
Say, do any of yinz visit explore dot org? It has a number of links to Web cams, but two I've enjoyed visiting while puffing a pipe are -- "Brown Bears and Salmon" and "Lower River." Both are located on the Brooks River (I think) in Alaska's Kitmai National Park. In both the scenery is spectacular, the grizzlies are awesome, the salmon are jumping and it's certainly far better than anything you'll see on your teevee. This morning I watched the sun come up in in Alaska while a grizzly walked upright down stream, salmon jumping all around him and ducks paddled to get out of his way. The river was a beautiful gold and the morning sky was pink and purple. Oh, yes, I was stuffing a Wilke Billiard with Stokk long cut Va mixed with Gawith BBF.

Kyle Weiss":zaob3mqd said:
What, no links to the cams?   :|

8)
I was once a site publisher / editor and the rule was that posters couldn't link to outside sites. So the work around everyone used was to write the address as spoken rather than keyed. This is my habit. In the morning, I turn to my iPad, type exp ..., and explore.org comes up on my menu. EZ PZ, and, for me, the wait is shorter. If I get impatient, I just use the back button and go to another cam (The Maine osprey nest was very entertaining a little while ago.) Other's results may vary.

The other night on the "Lower River" can I saw some fly fisherman flailing the water seemingly unaware that a grizzly was a very short distance away, but hidden from their view just on the other side of a bunch of wild grass. Whooaaa! Hope you all enjoy the view. I think the bears will be hibernating soon. They look chubby and the Alaskan foliage looks autumnal.

Whatever works, Kev.

Thanks for posting the links, those who shared. :) I dig random public access webcams showing life elsewhere.

8)