Growing tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
I work at a gas station part time as many of you know as a fuel attendant. The gentleman I work with mostley that deals with the store is an African fellow. The other night while talking I found out he use to grow tobacco in Zimbabwe with his father which got him through college. I did not know it until then but that is where a heavy percentage of "Virginia" tobacco comes from.

In the discussion I brought up the fact that I would like to get into blending my own tobaccos, and he made an interesting point and offer. he said " If you get seeds I will show you how to grow and age it, that way you will save even more money" I may take him up on that offer I just need to do some research on tobaccos and what soil types they do well in or that give the leaves their character.

This is where your help would be greatly welcomed I need to know all the tobacco names/ types such as Red virginia, latika, syrian ect. Is there a web site that breaks all that down for me as well as ageing? Also is there a site that tells you how to add flavors like vanilla, cherry,whisky and so on

Thanks in advance for any help or direction!

This is a subject that has always interested me, look forward to future replys.

Wow. I have been thinking about this as well. CLose relative just bought a 700$ garden tiller that has its own powertrain. would be easy to till much more land for possibley tobacco.