Growley Bent Billiard (Unavailable)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been working on a bent billiard design for a while, trying to find one that I like. I think I'm getting close, and wanted to share a few pics with you to see what you think.

This pipe had a minor flaw which rendered it "not fit for public use", so I'll end up keeping it as one of my "shop" pipes.

Below are some pics. What do you think? Any changes I should make for my next one?

IMG_0360-copy.jpg

IMG_0361-copy.jpg

IMG_0362-copy.jpg

IMG_0363-copy.jpg

IMG_0364-copy.jpg

IMG_0365-copy.jpg

Thanks for looking. All comments are welcome!

Brian.

I really really like it, but should a billiard have such round flowing lines? Not that I am complaining I think that is why I like your pipe so much :)

rev

Oh, and return your phone calls, or atleast the one from me :)

rev

the rev":p1y0brjv said:
I really really like it, but should a billiard have such round flowing lines? Not that I am complaining I think that is why I like your pipe so much :)

rev
The answer is "yes", they should all have round flowing lines. All pipes should :D . Well, that's debatable, but I LOVE curvy pipes. That's probably why I prefer Danish pipes to English.

Interesting design. Looks like a tough one to have perfected, though, musta taken some time. Great job.

8)

Kyle Weiss":aihoq70y said:
Interesting design. Looks like a tough one to have perfected, though, musta taken some time. Great job.

8)
It's tough to drill well, that's for sure. The drilling on this one turned out great, but I don't think I've got the pipe perfected. I think on the next one I'll shorten the stem a tad and bend it just a bit more. I don't love the hang quite yet. There's also a bit more work I want to do on the shape of the bowl. All part of the fun though!

Once again, you present us with a MASTERPIECE of craftsmanship in the pipe world ! I love the shallow blast that does not detract from the FANTASTICALY ELEGANT form you have shaped ! From the taper of the bowl I would say it's more of a bent apple shape mabe ? Either way it's one BEAUTIFUL pipe :p

monbla256":siehluro said:
Once again, you present us with a MASTERPIECE of craftsmanship in the pipe world ! I love the shallow blast that does not detract from the FANTASTICALY ELEGANT form you have shaped ! From the taper of the bowl I would say it's more of a bent apple shape mabe ? Either way it's one BEAUTIFUL pipe :p
Bent Apple, Bent Billiard, Full Bent, Egg,....I think naming them is the hardest part of pipe making. Maybe I'll start calling them "pipe 1", "pipe 2" and so on :D

Monbla256 said it best! Love it! Most bent pipes I see don't look as interesting nor as graceful.

I love what I am seeing with this pipe. My only question is how much and what do I have to do to get one?

Brewdude":gpqi8i0d said:
Growley, that pipe is right in my wheelhouse style-wise.

What a great piece of work!

What bothers you about it not to sell it??

:?:

Cheers,

RR
It had a "minor flaw". I bet it is tooth chatter. :p

Brewdude":1vhrbyii said:
Growley, that pipe is right in my wheelhouse style-wise.

What a great piece of work!

What bothers you about it not to sell it??

:?:

Cheers,

RR
Thanks! There is a tiny crack that I discovered in the rim of the pipe. It will most likely not be a problem, but I really want to put out only the best products that I can. I just don't feel comfortable letting this one out. I plan on making more though. I really like bent pipes. They're a pain to make, but very comfortable to smoke in my opinion.

dpkrause":sz8z1wed said:
I love what I am seeing with this pipe. My only question is how much and what do I have to do to get one?
PM'd

It's got comfy hand feel written all over it, but it looks like a great hanger as well.
Nice!

Brian, this is on of my favorite designs from your shop so far. Really lovely!

Growley":yzsu8yhe said:
I think on the next one I'll shorten the stem a tad and bend it just a bit more. I don't love the hang quite yet. There's also a bit more work I want to do on the shape of the bowl. All part of the fun though!
And by bend it more, I hope you mean less.

:D

Nice pipe!

tyler":4o21q38c said:
Growley":4o21q38c said:
I think on the next one I'll shorten the stem a tad and bend it just a bit more. I don't love the hang quite yet. There's also a bit more work I want to do on the shape of the bowl. All part of the fun though!
And by bend it more, I hope you mean less.

:D

Nice pipe!
Well, I actually did mean more. Or at least, I thought I did. I want this type of pipe to hang right near my chin, if not against it. What I realized tonight when I was taking a second look at it, is the bend is probably ok. When clenched, the top of the bowl is paralel the ground (assuming your head is in a somewhat straight position)

If I just shorten the stem a bit more and keep the bend similar, it will bring it closer to my chin and make it a bit more comfortable. I'm going for that "Ramses" feel, but with a different look.