Growley Magnum Squashed Tomato

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Hey Brothers,

I just finished up this XL Squashed Tomato commission last night and wanted to share some pics with you. This pipe was a dream to stain. The grain was just amazing. Originally our plan was to rusticate the bottom, making it look like it had sat on the ground too long or something, but when I saw the grain that we would have been loosing, we reconsidered and made it smooth.

Take a look:

IMG_0134-copy-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0135-copy.jpg

IMG_0136-copy.jpg

IMG_0137-copy.jpg

IMG_0139-copy.jpg

IMG_0140-copy.jpg

IMG_0141-copy.jpg

IMG_0144-copy.jpg

Thanks for looking. If for some reason it doesn't sell, I'll re-post in the Town Crier.

Brian.

Wow! I love that grain! If you would have rusticated it I would have cried. You didn't include a clear shot of the bottom. Is the gran underneath as good as the grain on top? I hope you sell that one for what it's worth. You don't get grain like that everyday.

In a word....stunning. The close ups of the grain make this pipe look alive. I can't imagine anyone not wanting this one.

I really like it, it reminds me a lot of Stanwell's N1, which I've longed for, for quite some time.

If it doesn't sell, you know who to call. :)

Ocelot55":z2ixkwyl said:
Wow! I love that grain! If you would have rusticated it I would have cried. You didn't include a clear shot of the bottom. Is the gran underneath as good as the grain on top? I hope you sell that one for what it's worth. You don't get grain like that everyday.
I guess I didn't take a "looking down" pic of the bottom, but you can see most of it by looking at the upside down pics. It's almost like the grain sweeps across the entire side of the bowl and cradles it. There's actually not very much birds eye on the bottom. Most of it is straight grain.

As for pricing, I've got a little sellers remorse :D I priced it way too low. But in some ways I'm totally ok with it. I know he'll get a crazy good deal, and I like to see other people get good deals on things almost as much as I like to get good deals on things!

Effing cool. You got the grain to almost wrap around and "hold" the shape. Very nicely done.

8)

Beautiful work. Excellent grain and I love the naked bowl. I am going to have to take a look at your site, didn't realize you made pipes.

That billiard you have for sale on your site, how tall is the bowl? Would you say it is a group 4 or group 5 sized bowl? Also how many grams is the pipe? For future reference, it is very helpful knowing the weight of the pipe, bowl height and if it is a group 4, or 5 or other. That is a beautiful billiard and I am interested.

Another beautiful pipe Brian, very well done, hes a lucky owner!