Growley

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Mouse

Reaction score
I looked here out of curiosity, wondering if a testimonial existed for Growley. Brian. THERE WASN'T ONE! I thought "What the hell? How can this be?". Then it occurred to me, I'm a bit of a Growley pipe hog, owning several of his pieces with another two on the way, so perhaps not enough of his work is being spread amongst the masses.

That said, I think I'm well worthy to say that this man knows his craft and continues to get better with every pipe I see from him. He's a creative, talented, generous, and an all around pleasant individual to do business with. I've still got a reputation of being a picky piper, and each Growley pipe of mine passes my meticulous inspection, which gives me the same buyers confidence that I have with Claudio Cavicchi. The highest of the high in my book. The briar he uses is gorgeous. His stem work is very clever, and well executed, all cut with super comfortable bit. The draw on each of my Growley's is nice and wide open, which I prefer, and the drilling is spot on.

Thought I'd put it out there. Brian's going places. I see it, I hope you see it too and consider his work next time you succumb to PAD.

I bought a Rhodesian and a Ramses from Brian in the past. His service was prompt and his product was superb. I would not hesitate to recommend his pipes to anyone. I have four Growley pipes total (one was a gift the other a trade) and all smoke great.

Just bought a custom Elephants Knee and Growley has a great product at an awesome price. Stupendous.

Just completed a deal with Brian. His payment was prompt and communication with him was/is friendly and courteous. I look forward to obtaining one of his pipes sometime soon. Good guy! Highly recommended!

Just got the coolest handmade cutty pipe EVER from Brian! Seriously, Brian is a wonderful guy to deal with and I'm really happy that I commissioned this pipe from him. Pictures really don't do the pipe justice, as nice as it looks in the pics, it is so much better in person.

Jack

he is also very friendly and helpful to a noob pipe maker

rev

Recently bought a smooth bent Rhodesian through Brian's "adoption" sale. Let me tell you, this pipe is an incredible deal without the sale, and for $100 off, it kills!

It smokes better than anything else I have, already consistent with other forumites notes. The draw is, dare I say, perfect? (Some say they smoke themselves, I say I give it a little help with light and tamp.)

It balances very well in the hand and clenched. It has THE MOST COMFORTABLE bit of all my pipes. And of course the briar is quite choice! I'm trying not to hyperbolize here, but there are not enough positives I can add here!

Brian's a great guy to communicate with as well! He accommodated my requests and there were no hassles in communication or delays. (I assume if he was behind, he would still have communicated as such.) He is clearly invested in the art of the craft and makes it easy to own one of his pieces.

If I had to do it over from the beginning knowing what I know, I'd of course still buy from him! In fact, I've been thinking since the week I received it which other pipes I can pitch to afford another one!