Guidance Needed to Find the Right Cigar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loco pony

Reaction score
Ok, gentlemen, I have tried several cigars, but the smell and taste have always kind of put me off. Is there a flavorful cigar that dont taste like it has been peppered. Something almost sweet rather than like a cedar tree?
I would like to have some cigars around to enjoy and for company to enjoy while we are having libations after dinner.

Give the My Father Le Bijou a shot. Its very dark, and is more nutty/chocolatey then spicy. I assume when you ask for something sweeter you are looking for something more akin to a VA pipe tobacco, and I don't know if there is any such animal. The only truly sweet cigars that I know of are the flavored ones, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend any of those. You can definitely find cigars that are less spicy, though, spice seems to be what's in style these days.

The cigar I've had that offered a nice natural sweetness is the Bolivar Royal Corona. This might be a bad suggestion as it is a Cuban Cigar, but I compared it to a Virginia sweetness when I was smoking it. It did develope a slight spicyness towards the end, but had a complex, full bodied, creamy sweet smoke throughout.

Certain maduro and oscuro cigars deliver a sweetness, without added flavorings.

If you prefer a mild cigar, try the Ashton Aged Maduro and/or the Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduro.

A flavorful maduro with sweetness that add spice and more strength, at a great price point and perfect size for winter smoking outdoors, is the Punch London Club Maduro.

or try something with a cameroon or dominican wrapper, they both are on the sweeter side in my opinion, steer clear of any san andreas wrappers, reminds me of burning upholstry..LOL

Thank you gentlemen, I just want a good natural with a sweeter taste. Those pepper cigars smell bad and at a cocktail party many people find the aroma not pleasant. A nutty or natural sweetness is good, and I do want flavor. Dont like bland .

Dominican Puros will tend to be smoother and darker
Honduran and a Nic leaf based sticks will be more peppery in general

Also be aware that purging a cigar ( as seldom smokes know to do) will burn off the tar buildup as you smoke a stick down and will remove what tastes like pepper which is actually tar building up

Cameroon wrappers will be peppery so stay clear of them.

Ghurka in general are smoother with no pepper (except their Regent line) and the limited Vintage is floral by nature so maybe look that way.

Send me your addy and I'll send out a package for you to try

Best
David

I'm recommending a cigar that I personally don't like. I favor a spicy smoke. Try a Baccarat. It's made by Camacho but is unlike anything else made by them. It's mild and sweet. As an added bonus, it's inexpensive.

backwo10.jpg
" />