Gunbroker.com

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to know, too.  Looks OK to me as a broker, as long as you don't hook up with a crook.  Would like a Beretta Jaguar, and don't really know how to acquire one.

I've used it several times without a hitch. I'm pretty friendly with my FFL dealer who handles all the shipping. Other than that just make sure you check out the seller's rating. Very similar to ebay buying to be honest.

Carlos

Usually you have to pay the state/county/city tax (which ever is applicable) from what state/county/city the FFL dealer that you pick up gun from lives. Another place to check is Davidson's in Arizona. They are a big wholesaler. If you go to galleryofguns.com you can find the gun you want and the local FFL/gun shop and the price they will charge you. You can do a gun search and see what they have in stock. I have ordered guns from them and picked them up at my local gun shop that I do business with. Only time I ever had is with two Remington's that I purchased. Guns were defective. Not Davidson's fault. They exchanged within days.

I've not bought or sold on Gunbroker, however, many at my gun club have. Their experiences have been positive. Like ebay, you're really dealing with the reliability of the party on the other side of the transaction.

I do use the Gunbroker site all the time to establish the true market value of a particular gun. For this purpose, Gunbroker is a valuable resource and is far more accurate than price guides like Blue Book. To utilize Gunbroker in this fashion, do an advanced search. Select "Completed Items". Enter the make and model of the gun. Sort by "highest number of bids first". The greater the number of bids, the more accurate the value indication. It's important to give credence only to items that actually sold. The price on unsold items is meaningless.

I picked up an old savage 99 about 2 years ago. It worked out fine for me and the rifle came in great shape. Im not sure what would have happen if I received the gun and it had issues though.