H&H Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Tkach

Reaction score
I have just cracked a 2 year old jar of this stuff. I think I like it. The topping is not as strong as I thought it would be, and I'm not sure I can detect exactly what the flavors are, but it's nice. It doesn't seem nearly as floral as GH&Co Kendal Flake. It certainly has some nicotine kick to it! I also heard from customer service that they might re-release it at some point. Does anyone else like this blend?

Funny, because I really don't like mild aromatics, but this guy seems right to me. Definitely flavored, not what I'd call tutti-fruti. What lakelands do you like? I've only had the Kendal Flake.

Thomas Tkach":bthyqwjl said:
Funny, because I really don't like mild aromatics, but this guy seems right to me. Definitely flavored, not what I'd call tutti-fruti. What lakelands do you like? I've only had the Kendal Flake.
Actually, don't care for any Lakelands at all. Took a flier on this one and it just didn't work for me.

Cheers,

RR

I like it. I definitely prefer the Fortissimo. A brother was kind enough to send me a bit of the standard version so I could compare and I think it's nice. I continue to prefer the Fortissimo though. A little stronger baccy and scenting. I've got a bunch of it jarred up so I'm not aware of it's current production status. JuanMedusa.

I never tried the original myself, but knew I'd probably prefer the fortissimo (I like my baccy as I like my women, dark, overly perfumed, and strong). When I decided to finally crack a jar and try it I thought I'd look it up again to get the description and P&C doesn't have it listed, so it's not currently for sale. As above, they did mention a re-release when asked.

I never had the original but I do like the fortissimo, in fact I also have a couple jars I should open up and see how it smokes with some age on it.

flytyer":hwgpnoab said:
I never had the original but I do like the fortissimo, in fact I also have a couple jars I should open up and see how it smokes with some age on it.
I'd be curious since I jarred some myself but am still waiting on it.