H&H Magnum Opus

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
I picked up a few tins of this today from P&C.com and am wondering if anyone else on the board has tried this. If so, thoughts?

I have and I do...not as latakia heavy as, say, 10 Russians but tasty. Mine needs some drying time(an hour at least) before smoking but that's just me.

As my first H&H blend, I'm very pleased. I would buy this one again for sure..

I think it's fantastic stuff! I've had one tin and enjoyed every nanosecond.

I haven't tried it yet, but its been on my radar for some time now. I'm looking forward to your opinions.

I have a tin on the way and would also like to read any thoughts and opinions on it.

Thoughts and opinions shall be forthcoming. No worries, gents. ;)

Until then, I'm interested in hearing more from folks who've tried it. Thanks to those who've posted already, by the way. Sounds like it's holding up to its reputation. :D

I really enjoyed it, was one of my first tobacco transitional moves from aros, Was last April at the pipe show and Russ gave me a sample at the show and I loaded a bowl in my new Calabash pipe,

Enjoyed it greatly and still do. :cheers:

I've had a couple of bowls of it this week and my initial impressions are very, very positive. It has its own qualities and flavor notes distinct from other Latakia mixture / Balkan / English blends I've tried (MM 965, GLP Meridian, and Frog Morton). I'm still processing, so I'll postpone a more detailed review until later. Until then, though, I see no reason not to highly recommend this one.

Anyone else cracked open a tin of this stuff recently?

I've been smoking English/Balkan mixtures for 20 years now, and I've tried literally scores (maybe even hundreds) of examples of that type of blend, and I think Magnum Opus is easily one of my top 5. It has an incredible complexity and deep latakia flavor that I can't get enough of. I really can't recommend it highly enough! I've cellared about three pounds so far, and hope to add some more soon. My other favorite English/Balkans are GLP Odyssey and Maltese Falcon; Boswell's Northwoods; G&H Balkan Mixture, and McClelland's Wilderness.

Great, have to add another one to the "to try" list... *grumble* :lol: Especially with such a haughty name!

Sounds like it's right up my alley. 8) Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts when they get into some.

I have enjoyed this blend. It is solid. Does not have the bounty of flavor like HOTW or the complexity of Presby, but a well blended tobacco that is worth a try. I've got some tins in the cellar and do hope it will be even better in 2+ years.