Had to share this one

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudo Nim

Reaction score
This was on another forum, but I'm sure it will be appreciated :-

In addition to communicating with the local Air Traffic Control facility, all aircraft in the Persian Gulf AOR are required to give the I*****n Air Defence Radar (military) a ten minute 'heads up' if they will be transiting I*****n airspace.
This is a common procedure for commercial aircraft and involves giving them your call sign, transponder code, type aircraft, and points of origin and destination.

A guy who overheard this conversation on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai. It's too good not to pass along.

The conversation went like this...

I*****n Air Defence Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in I*****n airspace. Identify yourself?'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace!'

Air Defence Radar: 'You are in I*****n airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter'.......................

............................"Send 'em up, I'll wait!"

Air Defence Radar: (No response ... Total silence)

After about 30 seconds of silence he should have finished off with "Cowards!!" :lol: