hallo from The Netherlands

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well, let me start by saying that I never thought that an e-community can be so friendly ...
it is becoming my daily routine to check BoB
gentlemen, you are a real jewel in the web-noise.

let me intdroduce myself to my pipe-smoking brethren:
I am a devoted pipe smoker for more then 30 years. Although some 13 yers ago I was introduced by some dear Dutch friends to the pleasures of smoking cigars and regularly indulge in this "adultory" I am still (preferably) a flake-affacionado.
Been born and raised in Yugoslavia, country that does not exist any more.
Due to its desintegration I became a Dutch citizen, living here for 19 years.
(by the way, I almost ended up in Seattle, but that's another story)

The Netherlands or Holland, as you may know has a tremendous tradition in pipe smoking and pipe-tobacco production, although these days it seems that anything sold as a pipe tobacco comes from one or two factories from Denmark (and, I'm afraid soon, from one factory in Shanghai :no: )
So, living in Holland gave me the opprotunity to keep indulging myself.

I have a little collection of 7 pipes, mostly BigBens, all finished in black and straight.

And in the words of Wise William, I am an expert in nothing.

Thank you for letting me share this with you ...

Welcome B.D.,
It's good to have a new member.
I have spent my life travelling the world the large cities to the smallest of shelters and this one thing that I have discovered, we are all alike. To be safe to garden, build or create art, what ever that maybe. To sit with my family by the sea or a warm fire, with a good pipe, is hard to beat.

Welcome again.

Wilkommen Bruder der Pfeiffe! I know it's not Dutch, but German. Either way, welcome.

Nice to meet you.

The Dutch used to make some nice tobaccos but now that they've gone to Denmark they haven't been the same.

I especially liked Troost Special Cavendish.