Handlebar mustache

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a really nice handlebar mustache that he kept very well groomed. His manager at his place of employment told him that waxing his stash was unprofessional and that he could keep it and his job if he stopped waxing and curling the ends. Instead of threatening legal ramifications of hostile work enviorment or discrimination, said friend just shaved his face. I couldn't believe it. That guy had to spend more time grooming and it showed in his appearance. Stupid manager!

:evil:

So sad to hear, where I work the only limitation to facial hair where I work is it cannot be "scraggly"

This has to be one of the most disgusting things I've heard all day. I can understand if there was a dress code with appearances laid out before hire, but this is ridiculous. It's all part of some plot to turn men into meek, emasculated, nacy-handed, yes men. I'd tell that boss just where he could stick his intolerance and submit my resignation.

Or I think I'd try to pass it off as part of my religion! :twisted:

Ocelot55":zvqhajt1 said:
Or I think I'd try to pass it off as part of my religion! :twisted:
Perfect reason I was going to use regarding my beard :cheers:

Nick Fox":aye611qm said:
A friend of mine had a really nice handlebar mustache that he kept very well groomed. His manager at his place of employment told him that waxing his stash was unprofessional and that he could keep it and his job if he stopped waxing and curling the ends. Instead of threatening legal ramifications of hostile work enviorment or discrimination, said friend just shaved his face. I couldn't believe it. That guy had to spend more time grooming and it showed in his appearance. Stupid manager!

:evil:
In what industry was/is your friend employed?

My friend works in a sporting goods store. He was a customer of mine at the tire shop. We started talking fishing, hunting and reloading then piping and shaving. I think he's interested in picking up the pipe. Still... that thing with his boss makes me mad. :evil:

It's not really a problem where I work. But then again, I'm a garbage man. Most people don't care as long as we get the trash away from their house haha. In my early twenties I worked in a fancy hotel, and was sent home to shave once. They said my goatee was starting to resemble zz top.

Could be a male dominance thing. It may have seemed a "look at what I can stick in everyone's face here" to the manager, and the manager asserted his authority. It happens. I have often thought that that might explain, in part of course, the knee-jerk reaction of some males to cigar and pipe smoke. It's so friggin' assertive! It says, "I am bloody here, you bastards!" Remember, if you're old enough, pipes and cigars were verboten in public places long before cigarettes. Just a paranoid theory of mine. Critics may disagree with impunity and a complete lack of interest on my part.

On the other hand, I like handlebar 'staches on a man. Look like hell on a woman, though. A friend of mine had a beautiful one until recently, when he had to shovel out his driveway every day during the recent Buffalo NY snowstorm. It seems he had a difficult-to-deal-with frozen snot problem, and was forced to shave to maintain his sanity. I do believe he's growing it back though. Helluva man.

I have a handlebar and thankfully It has not been an issue at the national sales company I work for. It has actually helped me out. Despite having a nametag people forget names but people have come in and said "I don't remember his name but he had that mustache..."

:D

a chain type sporting store or your mom/pop type of sportings good store?  if chain type I would have asked to see the HR manual.  you guys talking about shoving the job have been out looking for a job lately?

I've had a handlebar for as long as I've had a beard (~40-some yrs). Never felt the need to wax it as it just grows that way. And I don't fuss with it. Just trim it up every couple days or so along with the beard. Mine's not long enough for twirling but who cares!

Cheers,

RR

Ocelot55":b3htwvja said:
This has to be one of the most disgusting things I've heard all day. I can understand if there was a dress code with appearances laid out before hire, but this is ridiculous. It's all part of some plot to turn men into meek, emasculated, nacy-handed, yes men. I'd tell that boss just where he could stick his intolerance and submit my resignation.

Or I think I'd try to pass it off as part of my religion!  :twisted:
My thought's EXACTLY!

Ocelot55":351fk7vy said:

Or I think I'd try to pass it off as part of my religion!  :twisted:
Hear, Hear!!!