Hanging at the B&M - Helping N00Bs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieveryuu

Reaction score
Having been busy and wrapped up in various things for the last couple of weeks I finally made it to Sturman's. A big decision was finally made Tuesday (more on that later in life events) after which I needed to go for a walk. As I needed some tobacco (black cavendish) I headed over to Sturman's. A quick look around, as I had not been in for a while, I saw he had some really nice looking custom ordered meerschaum pipes as well as some new Peterson's tobacco. Decided on some Nutty Cut which I smoked in a new estate pipe which I brought with me. The owner, Mark, invited me to sit down and we talked for nearly two hours (my new pipe is has a pretty big bowl).

As some of you do, I finally had a sit down and hangout at the local B&M. Whoohoo. It was a nice change of pace and a nice break from the stress of the previous days.

Picked up the tin of Nutty Cut, a bag of BC, two tins at half price of MacBarens (he has trouble selling MacB and the tins are 4 years old) and a Perdomo champagne cigarillo. Received a nice box of matches as a gift as well. Finally, as I was cleaning my pipe a young lady came in to look at pipes explaining that her grandfather smokes pipes and she wants to start. She bought to little pipes asked for a little advice, which I and Mark were able to provide.

A nice way to spend the afternoon. Walked out of the B&M with new tobacco, in the new custom bags with "I love cigars/I Love Pipes" printed on the side.

Below is a picture of my new Shalom pipe. It was gift from Dreadgerbil. He received it as a second pipe along with the one originally ordered from the ebay. The one he ordered fits into his Scottish themed collection and the Shalom fits into my Israel themed collection.

*sorry for the ramble, just thought I would share.

Great story and certainly no need for apologies for rambling. It is good to hear of someone enjoying some peaceful, pleasant time and doing what they enjoy.

It is just a pity that we don't have B&Ms like that here in the UK. Finding somewhere that has a decent supply of pipe tobacco is bad enough let alone being able to sit down and chat for a few hours.

Enjoy the new pipe

At first I thought this was going to be a thread about lynchings, but sadly, no.

I'm with Chris - we have very little in the way of B&Ms here so most of us have B&M envy.

It woulda been a better story if she fell in love and proposed. A little character development and tension/climax and you might end up a writer after all.

puros_bran":2y0zp1eb said:
It woulda been a better story if she fell in love and proposed. A little character development and tension/climax and you might end up a writer after all.
Or if she had started a little sickly and turned into a zombie before you could leave and in turn she infected the owner. But back on topic I am glad y'all could help her out and that you were able to grab some much need relax and chat time at your B&M.

Happened again. This time I helped a young guy buy is first pipe (directed him to a MM cob). Pipe smoking is picking up in this town and the Sturman's is helping as much as they are able and they keep expanding their pipe and pipe tobacco selection.

Is nice to have a good shop run by people who care and who even ask the guy with a pipe in his mouth to help the n00b pick out their first pipe(s).