Happily moved

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well, ladies and gents, it looks like I'm finally settling into a good routine.

As some of you know, I graduated college this past May, and got a full time job with the company I had interned at for 2 years. Ever since then, everything seems like it's been a rollercoaster of just getting into a good routine and schedule, and really getting things locked down for myself, for the next few years at least.
One of these things I worked on was moving out of the little slumlord-ran hellhole I was living in for my last year of college. As of this week, I moved to a new place quite a bit closer to work(I was living in Canyon, which is where the college is and is about 10 miles south of Amarillo, so I had a 25ish mile commute a day), with quite a bit more floor space, and a WHOLE lot more storage. The best part about it is, once figuring in time and gasoline(I now have a 4 mile commute round trip), I'm actually spending the same amount that I was before I moved.

Sometimes life is good, and gives us nice things.

Also, I have a full shelf in the master closet that's been turned into a tobacco cellar. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

That is fantastic news Buddy, so very very pleased for you that things are getting better, living in a place you don't feel connected to is really hard going, something I know all too well. To top it all you have a place for your growing cellar, life truly is good at times isn't it, best of luck to you and may your future get better and better.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Briar Spirit":jyrfncg2 said:
That is fantastic news Buddy, so very very pleased for you that things are getting better, living in a place you don't feel connected to is really hard going, something I know all too well. To top it all you have a place for your growing cellar, life truly is good at times isn't it, best of luck to you and may your future get better and better.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
Thank you!!  :D :D 

I look around me and see all the things I've been doing, the things I've done, and the things I can do, on top of all the places and points in time I've been through and in; I realized that, even though I may fret about a lot of stuff, by my reckoning I still have another 95 years AT LEAST to live through.

I'm trying real hard to relax, go with the flow, and just nudge the rudder here and there to make my dreams and ambitions come true. Keeping my head up and looking ahead is the thing to do.

...good luck! sounds like things are moving forward and enjoy all things as you can...

I know where you're comming from, I've moved 3 times in the last 6 months. Just keep your eyes on where you want to be you'll get there soon enough. You'll find your attitude has so much to do with where you end up and even how long it takes to get there. It sounds to me like you've got it figured out. Onward and upward brother!

Jim

Congrats! Your story brought back a lot of memories of the rat trap I inhabited when I was in college (back when the earth's crust was still cooling).

My place had space heaters. We were afraid to leave them on at night because they had a bad habit of blowing out...Many nights I slept in insulated coveralls and a ski mask!! :lol!: 

StatHaldol":2s61yxja said:
 Congrats!  Your story brought back a lot of memories of the rat trap I inhabited when I was in college (back when the earth's crust was still cooling).

My place had space heaters.  We were afraid to leave them on at night because they had a bad habit of blowing out...Many nights I slept in insulated coveralls and a ski mask!! :lol!: 
Jeez!!! I had the opposite problem - when it got hot, the A/C would kick on, but the fan wouldn't always kick on... I'd come home after work and my apartment would be 85+ degrees, and the A/C had been running for hours...

Thank you all! So far, I'm very much enjoying the new place. I got rid of a ton of old stuff that I didn't need, and now that I'm moved in (and mostly unpacked), I realized just how little stuff I have as a bachelor...  :lol!: :lol!: 

Congrats on the move and settling in! You are right, sometimes life does give us nice things :)

WarlockBob":9si4v0hs said:
Sometimes life is good, and gives us nice things.

Also, I have a full shelf in the master closet that's been turned into a tobacco cellar. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Hope all is well over there! Nice to hear the update.

Sounds great WB. Nice shelf you got there... I can't help but notice the lack of anything on the other shelves...

StatHaldol":b7swda5s said:
 Congrats!  Your story brought back a lot of memories of the rat trap I inhabited when I was in college (back when the earth's crust was still cooling).

My place had space heaters.  We were afraid to leave them on at night because they had a bad habit of blowing out...Many nights I slept in insulated coveralls and a ski mask!! :lol!: 
Hey! It's StatHaldol!

gravel":p4ov2om0 said:
Sounds great WB. Nice shelf you got there... I can't help but notice the lack of anything on the other shelves...

StatHaldol":p4ov2om0 said:

Hey! It's StatHaldol!
No worries Gravel, that's been changed now; I had my priorities in order though, so I had to unpack all of my 'baccy first!  :lol!: 

WarlockBob":cykpvk7h said:
Josh,

here ya go!!!

Everyone else, thank you for all the warm wishes!
Now that's a thing of beauty, enjoy them in rude good health Buddy.  :cheers: :sunny: