HAPPY BIRTHDAY FR_TOM

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveS

Reaction score
Best wishes for a very happy birthday, sir ... and for many happy returns of the day.

I smile each time I see one of your posts because your 'signature' line from "Roughing It" reminds me of the rest of the paragraph from which the line came.

The finish on that particular story is one of my favorite bits of Twain humor ...

"…  he got nipped by the machinery in a carpet factory and went through in less than a quarter of a minute; his widder bought the piece of carpet that had his remains wove in, and people come a hundred mile to ‘tend the funeral. There was fourteen yards in the piece. She wouldn’t let them roll him up, but planted him just so–full length. The church was middling small where they preached the funeral, and they had to let one end of the coffin stick out of the window. They didn’t bury him–they planted one end, and let him stand up, same as a monument. And they nailed a sign on it and put–put on–put on it– sacred to–the m-e-m-o-r-y–of fourteen y-a-r-d-s–of three-ply–car–-pet–containing all that was–m-o-r-t-a-l–of–of–W-i-l-l-i-a-m–W-h-e–”

Happy Birthday Tom. Hope this is the best you've ever had. I'll smoke a bowl in your honor. :) 

AJ

SteveS":40pwlohz said:
Best wishes for a very happy birthday, sir ... and for many happy returns of the day.

I smile each time I see one of your posts because your 'signature' line from "Roughing It" reminds me of the rest of the paragraph from which the line came.
I am a big Mark Twain fan and reread Roughing It and Life on the Mississippi this summer. I even had a dog named Jasper (after Uncle Lem's dog). He was the dog you couldn't kill with an Irishman.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

graphics-happy-birthday-813339.gif

Happy Birthday Padre!

Cheers,

RR

Happy B-Day, Padre!!!

I hope you spend it doing what you love with whom you love most!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Have a happy Birthday sir! :king: :cheers: :cheers: 

happy birthday brother,

may you be blessed with many more

rev

Birthday wishes from midcoast Maine. Hope your day is filled with joy.:cheers: 

Happy Birthday, Joyeaux Anniversaire, Sretan Rodjendan, Felis cumpleanos (that's all I got off the top of my head).