Happy Birthday LIPIPE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsKot

Reaction score
Hope you have a good one! Enjoy a nice big bowl from one of your large pipes! Hopefully your weather is nice too to make a nice peaceful birthday backdrop!

It's 1:30 AM, I'm already home from work and celebrating with my large Oom Paul loaded with some great C&D Engine 99. Just sent BD wishes to my buddy Bronx Bill also celebrating his on the same day. We are both from the Bronx NY and born on the same date one year apart. Bronx Bill is the old guy and I'm the kid. Hopefully we'll be smoking together for many more great years ahead.

Thanks Rob from Missouri. Hope the Mississippi River crest has not affected you or your four legged buddy.

LIPIPE":zhjsu9ea said:
Thanks Rob from Missouri. Hope the Mississippi River crest has not affected you or your four legged buddy.
Nope, luckily i'm far enough from the River to not have to worry about it. The worst areas are South of me, and the water is still rising. I used to live in Cape Girardeau, right on the Mighty Miss. I was there for the floods of '93 and '95 - what a mess. In '93, water was up to my back porch step (literally). In '95 it only made it to the edge of the yard.

I don't miss that crap one bit. I've spend enough time on the rivers (7 years working on towboats) to not miss it or want to go back out on the water anyway.

Rob: Good news for sure! It is a national horror show sadly unfolding. We have experienced the worst nature has to offer. First the oil spill, followed by the Tornado and now massive flooding. I cannot imagine the horror for those living through all of this in the South. I also wonder where the Federal assistance will come from with our national budget problems. These are times that will test our collective strength for a very long time.