Happy holiday weekend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al in Canada

Reaction score
I wish one and all a happy holiday!
for those in the civilized part of North America I wish you a "Happy Thanksgiving"!
icon_biggrin.png

..and for the less fortunate of you "Happy Columbus Day"!
icon_twisted.gif

Al (in Canada)

Hermit":tf6ivzic said:
Gee, that's still a holiday?
I thought Columbus was some kinda war criminal these days.
lol.gif
You obviously don't live in an area with a large Italian-American community, where it has become the equivalent of the Irish love-in of St. Patrick's Day. Less than a century ago it would have had lads in Orange and lads in Green duking it out, and now they all get together and wear greeen and drink coloured beer until they threaten to dye their shoes with it.
lol.gif

I think in New Jersey it is called "sleep with the fishes day."

Al

I thought Columbus was some kinda war criminal these days.
They don't revere him in parts of Latin America because of the (inadvertent) suffering brought about from the discovery of this part of the world, I think. I have no real opinion on the matter though.

Yes, and Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of you Canucks, and to our brothers and sisters to the south, Happy Columbus Day as well! Make sure you guys find the time to enjoy a good smoke and something to drink, cause it's starting to get cold...not much smokin' weather left!

From Tennessee I thank you northerners and extend a Happy Thanksgiving to you. What's for dinner and can I get there in time? :joker:

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian neighbors ... Columbus Day here mostly means government offices and banks are closed and not much else.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Great White Northerners!

Anyone who wants to see Columbus Day done up bigtime should come out to New Haven, home of the Knights of Columbus. Southern and Central Connecticut make up (to the surprise of many) one of the most Italian-American population clusters in America, and the K of C obviously makes a Big Deal of their eponymous holiday. I grew up around here assuming it was a big deal everywhere else... not so much.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Just finished putting up the Christmas lights during a decent snowfall. Now to start carving jack-o-lantrens in a couple of weeks!

Enjoy you guys. Hell we don't even get Columbus day off anymore. :lol: