Happy Open Pants Day!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vito

Charter member
Reaction score
Traditional: Happy Thanksgiving.

Colloquial: Happy Turkey Day.

Tellin' it like it is: Happy Open Pants Day.

Whichever you prefer, Happy That, all ye brethren and sistren. :mrgreen:

newjok12.png

Vito":2zcpv2it said:
Traditional: Happy Thanksgiving.

Colloquial: Happy Turkey Day.

Tellin' it like it is: Happy Open Pants Day.

Whichever you prefer, Happy That, all ye brethren and sistren.
710492.gif

newjok12.png
H'mm, never heard it called that! Hope you enjoy yourself, pants open or not!

Who says I'm going to wear pants? Headed to the in-laws' place! That'll teach 'em. 8)

Hey, buddy....Watch it with the open pants: There are children around !!!!!!!

DrT999":8hp05de4 said:
The "open pants" thang is for those whose mid-section girth surpasses their pantular circumference at the waist band, necessitating a post-repast unfastening. Apparently it's not a universal affliction.

It can be done discretely if one wears a sweater...although here in Californicaty, it's more often a Hawaiian shirt. :mrgreen:

:joker:

Lively, hilarious thread!

Since no old ladies took me in with a turkey invitation, I'm doing the holiday solo. I've already had a big, but not pants aggressive meal, and that meal will last me the whole day:

Linguine with sun-dried tomato basil pesto and chorizo. I got a recommend for true Latino chorizo from a lovely latin lady who happened to be standing next to me next to the refrigerated meats case, and it didn't taste anything like any gringo chorizo I'd bought in the past. It came in a semi-permeable casing that had to be removed before consumption, and the chorizo pushed out like toothpaste out of a used toothpaste tube. I can't really describe the taste but it was like no sausage I'd eaten before—quite good.

I just caught up with the movie "LA Confidential," and loved it, and today is devoted to James Ellroy's book.

alfredo_buscatti":qk7whxla said:
Lively, hilarious thread!

I got a recommend for true Latino chorizo from a lovely latin lady who happened to be standing next to me next to the refrigerated meats case, and it didn't taste anything like any gringo chorizo I'd bought in the past. It came in a semi-permeable casing that had to be removed before consumption, and the chorizo pushed out like toothpaste out of a used toothpaste tube. I can't really describe the taste but it was like no sausage I'd eaten before—quite good.
That's the stuff of the Gods!! Also ask for Longaniza if it's a pretty well stocked place. It's a meatier form of Chorizo that mixes well with other meats. A "Campechano" (Mexican for "mix" or parfait as Ken would say) of Longaniza and beef is amazing for tacos. Chorizo in your scrambled eggs is to die for, as is melted Manchego cheese with Chorizo in it (Choriqueso). 8)

Mr. E., since you live in Mexico City, it comes as no surprise that you have a leg-up on Mexican cuisine. I have a big breakfast planned for this weekend with fried potatoes, sausage, eggs and toast. I've got 3 chorizo left over from today that will go into scrambled eggs, per your suggestion. And I will be on the hunt for Longaniza chorizo as well. As Latin populations are everywhere, I might be able to find it. A Mexican grocery store would be a likely bet. If I can find both of these items, the chorizo and the Manchengo cheese (cheese/chorizo), I will most definitely. . .EAT THEM!. Thanks for your information and suggestions.

Thank you for getting hungry when you read about my meal. The pesto was great, but the chorizo were better. It's hard to ruin pasta even if you can't cook; and although I usually eat food that can be rendered in minutes, I can cook.

BTW I was watching a Richard Schickle and John? Carpenter commentary on "Rio Bravo" as I ate. What a great trio, the meal, the commentary and that wonderful movie (got it for $5 at Wal-Mart).

Vito":ld3ywqsn said:
DrT999":ld3ywqsn said:
The "open pants" thang is for those whose mid-section girth surpasses their pantular circumference at the waist band, necessitating a post-repast unfastening. Apparently it's not a universal affliction.

It can be done discretely if one wears a sweater...although here in Californicaty, it's more often a Hawaiian shirt.
710492.gif

:joker:
nope, sansabelt!