Has Anyone Dealt With Altinok Meerschaum Pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Mouse

Reaction score
If so, how was your experience?

I'm looking to get myself a high quality meerschaum pipe from a reputable dealer. Would you say that they, and their product fit the bill? Does anyone have other suggestions, besides Baki Pipes, for me to choose from?

Rusty Mouse":i0rcplwk said:
If so, how was your experience?

I'm looking to get myself a high quality meerschaum pipe from a reputable dealer. Would you say that they, and their product fit the bill? Does anyone have other suggestions, besides Baki Pipes, for me to choose from?
I havent bought anything from them personally but I have heard mixed reviews of them from others who have (some good and some not so good).

As far as other pipes distributors besides (Best Meerschaum) who carrries/sells Bak pipesi, I have used these two dealers (see below) on Ebay quite a few times with great results (they have different carvers but I mostly bought Baglans (one of my favorite carvers) they also have other carvers as well.

Here they are below:

1) http://myworld.ebay.com/meerschaummarket?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

2) http://myworld.ebay.com/meerschaumpipes

Hope this helps some

Here's the Bachus Meer I bought from them earlier this summer. This one is the finest of the four meer's I have, both in carving, fit and finish. I had NO problems with the purchase or shipping and received it within the three week shpg time frame they gave me. They have some nice figural carved meers for sure :p

559899696_o1.jpg

i haven't purchased directly from them, but i did pick up an estate Altinok a while back, and it's one of my favorite pipes.

fwiw,
doody.

I have purchased from him probably three or four times now. One of which was a custom pipe that took several months to carve but was well worth the wait. It was a dragon shape with two custom stems and a case. The other pipes were pretty much standard shapes and I received them fairly quickly. I have had no issues in both the quality of the pipes nor his customer service. I personally will not hesitate to order from him agian.