Has anyone tried this brand?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the pipe for me, by any stretch. If one were to purchase it, I'd want to know a lot more about it before I put out any money.

I agree. that is a strange pipe, definitely not worth that kind of money to me.

It looks kind of like a trussed-up burlesque girl or brothel sweetheart. :lol:

I cook and taste stuff a lot...like coffee--I roast it.

I hate stainless steel as a vessel or utensil. It has a "flavor" that it imparts all of its own, especially when heat and other chemicals that interrupt the molecular surface structure that makes it "stainless."

Those new-age "Kleen Canteen" bottles or whatever they are called that got popular with the hippies when the trend switched from the clear lexan Nalgine bottles because of BPA are case-in-point: I hate them. I'd rather take the 0.0000001% chance I'll get liver cancer or something from drinking out of lexan than 100% flavor nastiness from stainless steel.

I doubt very much this pipe is free from the same kind of effect--I may also be sensitive to metals. Good thing I'm in the field of work I am. :lol:

I'd save my money on this one.

there are a lot of really nice briar and morta pipes you could buy for that money

cakeanddottle":kjg5t9yj said:
there are a lot of really nice briar and morta pipes you could buy for that money
...and meerschaum, which wouldn't ghost and need a rest... heck you could get two good meers for that much! Or Baki's nicest! :lol:

IMHO the only nice thing about that pipe is the free shipping :shock:

That's definitely... interesting. Looks like the pipe for those who are into BDSM. Yikes!

Save your money. Buy an Askwith or a Duca and you'll be much happier.

Kyle Weiss":lxcqcbbk said:
It looks kind of like a trussed-up burlesque girl or brothel sweetheart. :lol:
That pretty much sums up my opinion.
Still, if anyone would like to send me one to prove us doubters wrong, I'll test it. Wouldn't pay a nickel for the chance, however.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I find them very attractive and intriguing. I can't say that I would expect them to smoke very well but you never know. I can appreciate the artistry that has gone into them. If the price wasn't so steep I would probably take the risk to try one. I like the one with the cross and cap gadget. Pretty cool, IMHO.

Saw this in a similar thread on another pipe-smoking forum. As I said there, looks-wise, it's bizarre, but could possibly grow on me; smoke-wise, no idea. Could be brilliant, could be awful. Not worth $250, which must translate into not far short of £200, to me, though.

What it says to me is "Kings Cross. mid-evening". I was there and then once, some years ago, and was surprised at the number of scantily-clad, over-made-up young women standing around on the pavement.