He Did It!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taharris

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
My awesome son just got an all tuition paid scholarship to Wright State University in Dayton, OH!!

I was beginning to worry about how I would pay for four years of college but he has solved that problem for me.

Not to brag, but I have a great kid!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

Todd

Congratulations!!!

College is getting downright expensive and expected. I paid for a large chunk of my education with work and scholarships. My parents helped me quite a bit, which I am eternally grateful for, but I was under no illusion that if I wanted an education I would have to be the one that got it.

Don't worry, Todd. I'm sure good ol dad will be helping pay for a lot of other assorted expenses, ie books, gas money, ramen noodles... :mrgreen: 

That is great sir, it's specially great when they grow up to make you proud of them nowadays with so many obstacles in there path and so many growing up taking the wrong path. It makes you feel good inside that you've done the right things in helping them become good adults. I think we all wish the best for our children and it's great when our dreams come true. You've got a lot to be proud of.

It's OK Todd. You've got bragging rights. Stick your chest out, lift your chin, and let your head swell. Job well done. Congratulations to you and your son. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

AJ

Congratulations to your son and your family Todd! Well deserved bragging rights. I could not be happier for you!

Congratulation to your son for accomplishing this milestone.....and congratulations to you, Todd,  for raising a son who will be a contributing member of this great country...quite a feat these days.

Congratulations to him! And, congratulations to you for raising a smart one.

Good thing, too. School is expensive, and my mom and I were talking a while back. Her and I made about the same salary immediately following college (high 20's). That was a great living for a single person in 1978. Not so great nowadays. So hopefully, he'll emerge debt free and be on his way.

Glad to hear good news!

big congrats brother

wonderful news. I am sure there is quite a bit of hard work and dedication to making that happen.

rev

Congrats to you all! A college education is something to be proud of! A FREE education is so much more meaningful in this day and age. :cheers:

A wise man once said that sons are like arrows in the father's quiver. You have every right to be proud of your son. Also take some credit for how you raised him and the example you set which led him to this point.:cheers: 

Congratulations sir!!!   That is my home town!!  Spent most of my childhood running around those parts and causing trouble there :lol:

It's a great choice for a school.

cartaphilus":5rr802nt said:
... it's specially great when they grow up to make you proud of them.
I can whole-heartedly endorse that statement ... I've got 4 adult sons and couldn't possibly be more proud of the way they turned out.
And, although I am all too keenly aware of my own shortcomings and of mistakes I made along the way, I suppose that MrsS and I must have done something right at least some of the time.

If I am to be known for any legacy at all, it is my hope that I am remembered for how well my kids turned out and what sort of citizens they have become ...

SteveS":kl24t259 said:
cartaphilus":kl24t259 said:
... it's specially great when they grow up to make you proud of them.
I can whole-heartedly endorse that statement ... I've got 4 adult sons and couldn't possibly be more proud of the way they turned out.
And, although I am all too keenly aware of my own shortcomings and of mistakes I made along the way, I suppose that MrsS and I must have done something right at least some of the time.

If I am to be known for any legacy at all, it is my hope that I am remembered for how well my kids turned out and what sort of citizens they have become ...
Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Todd

Darn kid is too smart by half.

Here we were all waiting for you to have to start making more pipes than Savanelli to put him through school. There went all the deals.

Congratulations to both of you! And Mom too!

Todd, That's great! Congratulations to your son on the full tuition scholarship.

A huge weight off your shoulders for sure and thanks for sharing the great news.

P.S.: The Celtic Morta Dublin is doing just fine, definitely one of my best smokers; I just love it :D