Headed to Indiana tonight....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Hey Brothers, I'm headed to Indiana tonight for a conference. Anyone know of any good places downtown to smoke a pipe and grab an ale? I'll try to do some research on my own, but I'm always more excited about a good recommendation.

Wish I could help Mr Growley Sir, but I'm from the 'Shire in Blighty...

Stick":kz6ywzol said:
Wish I could help Mr Growley Sir, but I'm from the 'Shire in Blighty...
Maybe someday I'll visit you out there!

Growley":zmvak0uj said:
Hey Brothers, I'm headed to Indiana tonight for a conference. Anyone know of any good places downtown to smoke a pipe and grab an ale? I'll try to do some research on my own, but I'm always more excited about a good recommendation.
Where in Indiana? Smoking is banned in most bars and in all restaurants here in Indiana as far as I know.

williamcharles":nupscjak said:
Growley":nupscjak said:
Where in Indiana? Smoking is banned in most bars and in all restaurants here in Indiana as far as I know.
I'll be right downtown the whole time.

Growley":nr6vq9pf said:
williamcharles":nr6vq9pf said:
Growley":nr6vq9pf said:
Must be Indianapolis (Indy, NapTown). Good luck finding a place to smoke while you drink that ale. I'm not saying it's impossible to find a place but the anti's have gotten their way and gotten smoking banned pretty much everywhere. I know the bars around here (Marion) no longer allow it by order of the state. We can't even smoke in B&M smokeshops. I can't think of any place where it's still allowed but if you look hard enough...who knows. Good luck.

williamcharles":d6oa3uox said:
Growley":d6oa3uox said:
williamcharles":d6oa3uox said:
Growley":d6oa3uox said:
Must be Indianapolis (Indy, NapTown). Good luck finding a place to smoke while you drink that ale. I'm not saying it's impossible to find a place but the anti's have gotten their way and gotten smoking banned pretty much everywhere. I know the bars around here (Marion) no longer allow it by order of the state. We can't even smoke in B&M smokeshops. I can't think of any place where it's still allowed but if you look hard enough...who knows. Good luck.
Sorry, I thought I had written "Indianapolis" in the title, but I didn't. Oh well. I'll smoke my pipe another time.

Dunno about smoking locations, but isn't Indianapolis in the grip of the fearsome winter weather that's been hammering that general area as of late?

Hope you're well prepared Brian!

:monkey: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":8qn5daf0 said:
Dunno about smoking locations, but isn't Indianapolis in the grip of the fearsome winter weather that's been hammering that general area as of late?

Hope you're well prepared Brian!

:monkey: 

Cheers,

RR
I heard that, but it doesn't seem too bad right now. The roads are clear and it's 28 outside. It's not the south, but I've still got enough Michigan blood in me to make it work.

Sir,

If you find someplace let us know. I will be in Indianapolis this weekend. I am taking my daughter to a Flogging Molly concert there Friday night. We are spending the whole weekend.

Sean68":ya352du3 said:
Sir,

If you find someplace let us know. I will be in Indianapolis this weekend. I am taking my daughter to a Flogging Molly concert there Friday night. We are spending the whole weekend.
Well whattayaknow, a Sean68 sighting!

Good to read you again bro. It's been a while.

8) 

Cheers,

RR

Thank you, gentlemen! It is good to see you all again.

Sean68":jxzef5c7 said:
Thank you, gentlemen! It is good to see you all again.
Always great to see your smiling face? :D 

Flogging Molly? :scratch: :lol!: 

Sean68":vox1a4nz said:
Sir,

No luck. I only had one night to search though. I found a tobacco, pipe and pen store, but they were closed and I couldn't see if they had indoor seating or not.

Sean68":06546lkd said:
Sir,

Good to hear from you, Sean. Your daughter has excellent taste!

Wish I'd have seen this earlier. There's a Hardwicke's downtown but their prices are terrible and they don't have a place to sit and smoke. I think most everywhere else downtown has been banned. You could have contacted Nate King. His shop is downtown. Could have met up and taken ale and pipe to his shop.

Wayne_Teipen":z05fbe4s said:
Wish I'd have seen this earlier.  There's a Hardwicke's downtown but their prices are terrible and they don't have a place to sit and smoke.  I think most everywhere else downtown has been banned.  You could have contacted Nate King.  His shop is downtown.  Could have met up and taken ale and pipe to his shop.
I saw Hardwicke's, but they were closed. It would have been great to meet up with Nate. Maybe next time.