Heading back to Alabama for Christmas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshoowah

Reaction score
Well it is that time of the year. I leave Kentucky to make the drive back to the place of my birth, Alabama. I am looking forward to in more ways than one. One pleasure that I do look forward to is visiting the Humidor Pipe Shop in Huntsville. I have put buying anymore tobacco and pipes off for a while, but I will probably change my mind. I have been thinking of buying myself a little something nice for my birthday (Jan. 5th). What that particular something is I do not know. Something pipe related, of course; what else would I buy?

As far as pipes go, I am pretty much good to go unless I just find one that speaks to me. If I remember right, there was a Cassano Rusticated Poker for $80, that seemed steep to me for a Cassano though. I am more of a fan of artisan pipe as of late though, plus my usual Caminetto favorableness. Tobacco is fairly similar, except I am always up for buying more. I recently bought a lot of GLP's Syrian Collection though so that is pretty much all I will smoke for a while. It is kind of the perfect time of the year to do so too since it is Latakia. I could use a new pipe tool or pipe bag. I really desire a nice pipe cabinet, but I am having trouble finding one. Any suggestions?

Feel free to suggest some tobaccos as well, I'll probably end up buying a few tins anyway.

HPS has just received a bunch of new pipes (Peterson, Stanwell, Winslow, Dunhill, etc...). I don't know what kind of tobacco you like but they have a pretty good selection of pipe tobacco at the moment (they just received a bunch of McClelland Virginias). They also have some new pipe bags. I'm sure you'll find something to buy... :D

Right now I'm enjoying a tin of Blue Mountain Balkan Blend by McClelland that Robin got in a few weeks back. If you're into Latakia, it's some very tasty stuff! :santa:

Dutch":ax3qtixq said:
Right now I'm enjoying a tin of Blue Mountain Balkan Blend by McClelland that Robin got in a few weeks back. If you're into Latakia, it's some very tasty stuff! :santa:
I love Blue Mountain! Last I checked, HPS did not carry it though :/. Perhaps the guys have since ordered some.

PipePuffer":rkovk9j2 said:
HPS has just received a bunch of new pipes (Peterson, Stanwell, Winslow, Dunhill, etc...). I don't know what kind of tobacco you like but they have a pretty good selection of pipe tobacco at the moment (they just received a bunch of McClelland Virginias). They also have some new pipe bags. I'm sure you'll find something to buy... :D
I'll have to take a gander then!

I can understand why you want to get back home Athens is a great little town and this time of the year makes it even better. I lived there fron 1975 to 1980 and then my family went back to Louisiana. I was just a boy when we lived there but it is one of the places I keep close in my heart. Have a Mery Christmas and a Happy New Year
Best Regards
Richard

Well the Cassano's were sold. So I got to talking with Robin for a bit and he showed me a lot of his high grades. I was able to pick up a Thomas Cristiano, who passed a few years back. It had a great price on it.

cristiano-canadian-600x211.jpg

It looks similar to the picture above, but it is not exact. I'll post pictures when I have time to take them.

I was also able to pick up 8 ounces of Stonehaven and Penzance. Two very hard blends to find. Overall, a great early birthday present for me.

joshoowah":wn93xtwx said:
Well the Cassano's were sold. So I got to talking with Robin for a bit and he showed me a lot of his high grades. I was able to pick up a Thomas Cristiano, who passed a few years back. It had a great price on it.

cristiano-canadian-600x211.jpg

It looks similar to the picture above, but it is not exact. I'll post pictures when I have time to take them.

I was also able to pick up 8 ounces of Stonehaven and Penzance. Two very hard blends to find. Overall, a great early birthday present for me.
Good to hear you made a good haul Josh, I need to get by there and see if Robin has any special after Christmas deals on pipes. I'd love to have that Nording Calabash with silver band and rim if it's not already been sold. :santa:

I own a couple Thomas Cristiano pipes and they all smoke well. Great hall overall!