Hearth & Home Classic Burley Kake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. It's OK, wouldn't buy any more of it though. It resists drying big time so I know it's overly humectified, tastes of cherries and is basically a pressed, mixed cut with too much fine stuff in there. I'm not trying to knock it as it has it's fans, but it's not really what I'd call a premium tobacco. It's better than a lot of OTC's, but......

If you're really looking for a good and unique, tasty burley smoke I'd suggest GL Pease Barbary Coast, Peretti's BPC or Uhle's Perfection plug burley. Every other burley I've tried comes in a distant second to these.

i dont know if i would like the cherrie taste yuk i have been wanting to try GL Pease Barbary Coast thanks for the help PD

I am a big fan of Uhle's burley blends. Have gotten to taste some of the Peritti burleys from the box passes and have also enjoyed them. Just haven't gotten to order any yet.

Listen to PD & Mike Uhle's & Peretti's are Superior, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Puff Daddy":9tla0jjr said:
Yup. It's OK, wouldn't buy any more of it though... I'm not trying to knock it as it has it's fans, but it's not really what I'd call a premium tobacco. It's better than a lot of OTC's, but......

If you're really looking for a good and unique, tasty burley smoke I'd suggest GL Pease Barbary Coast, Peretti's BPC or Uhle's Perfection plug burley. Every other burley I've tried comes in a distant second to these.
My sentiments. The first few bowls were interesting but then I encountered a back taste which seemed far too much like BLWB, I am a tolerant tobacco smoker, but BLWB has never worked for me, and I abhor the taste. I applaud any burley effort, but it just didn't strike my "go-to-again" button. I prefer Uhle's blends and C&D Safe Harbor.