"Hej!" from Central North Carolina

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrozenfearz

Reaction score
Hello forums,

I'm a Danish-American student just picking up this most amazing hobby. Thought I'd say hey and if anybody is in/around the Cary/Raleigh, NC area, feel free to send me a PM and we can get together and enjoy some (hot NC) summer afternoon smoking.

Cheers,
phrzn

Thanks, everyone. I'll confess I normally hate forums, but this one genuinely seems to be a nice community. I look forward to frequenting these boards in the future. (And I know I will, as I feel like I've got tons of questions to ask as I learn.)

Justpipes":408ih7d7 said:
Howdy! I am in the Raleigh area.
Would you want to get together to enjoy a bowl sometime? I'm still learning and could perhaps use some guidance (and company).

Welcome friend!
Watch out for ol JustPipes he'll have you smokin' Walnut habitually. :pipe:

Welcome Aboard!! It's always nice to see the next generation continue the tradition.

Thanks again, everyone, for the warm welcomes. I have to say that after a few days as a member of this board... I love this forum. It's a great community with a bunch of very helpful people.

Thanks!

Hey there,

Why don't you take a ride out to North Raleigh next Tuesday? We have a meeting of the Triangle Area Pipe Smokers (where I actually met Mark aka Just Pipes) at friendly bar / restaurant called Duffy's (8021 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC). I'll be there at 6 PM or so on Tuesday 8/11. I'm the guy who's about 20 years younger than the next youngest guy :)

-Andrew

adauria":tp0z3mur said:
Hey there,

Why don't you take a ride out to North Raleigh next Tuesday? We have a meeting of the Triangle Area Pipe Smokers (where I actually met Mark aka Just Pipes) at friendly bar / restaurant called Duffy's (8021 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC). I'll be there at 6 PM or so on Tuesday 8/11. I'm the guy who's about 20 years younger than the next youngest guy :)

-Andrew
Andrew, I'd love to join you guys on Tuesday. I'd just like to make sure, though: I can get in as a twenty year old, right? And what should I bring?

Thanks,
Casper

Good question! I think you should have no problem, as the place is also a restaurant, though the room is off the bar. You can call them and ask. (919) 847-7070

Bring something to smoke and a few bucks if you want to eat something!

See you in an hour!

-Andrew

adauria":4v13y2fi said:
Good question! I think you should have no problem, as the place is also a restaurant, though the room is off the bar. You can call them and ask. (919) 847-7070

Bring something to smoke and a few bucks if you want to eat something!

See you in an hour!

-Andrew
Andrew,

I hope all is well! I know you are at the meeting as I type. Hope it was fun!

Sorry I didn't make it again! I was traveling last week and wanted to stay home this week as I will be traveling again next week. Plus trying to manage my own account in Durham has been tiring to say the least!

Take care!

Mark

To any other BOBs here in the area, reminder that we've got a TAPS meeting tonight. See you there!

-Andrew

Andrew,

I hope I can make it, but I've been recovering from a bad cold which actually caused me to lose my voice for a few days. I feel much better now, so I hope to come in, but I may hold off on the smoking. If I don't make it, give everybody my regards and tell them I'll make the next one for sure.

Cheers!