Hello again, everybody! / Hej igen, alle sammen!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrozenfearz

Reaction score
This is my second time introducing myself on this forum... the last time was probably about this time a year ago. I have no excuse for disappearing, so for those of you who may remember me, please forgive my sudden vanishing act.

School simply got too intense for me to focus on anything but school. Unfortunately, this eventually led to my pipes growing old and dusty in the corner of my apartment. Well, the other day I decided I would take a real break, and busted out my original Stanwell. Ever since then I've been itching to reignite a few e-friendships on these forums, so here I am posting "hello!" instead of doing my homework! :D

Anyways! I'm a Danish-American currently studying at N.C. State University (go Wolfpack!) in Raleigh, NC. NCSU is a university famous for it's agricultural department, but I'm going there for something else! I will neglect to say what in order to avoid some of the heated reactions that I've had to deal with in regards to it, but the NCSU department is one of the best departments in the entire nation for this particular major. (On a side note: I think when they say "best", I think they mean "hardest".)

So hello again to those of you that I corresponded with so long ago and hello anew to those of you that I haven't!

Welcome back!

I remember what you were studying, and I think it was best for you to put priority on your academics. (Then again, Oppenheimer never put down his pipe!)

Doc Manhattan":35gld79z said:
(Then again, Oppenheimer never put down his pipe!)
Aye. It seems a great deal of physicists were pipe-smokers. Niels Bohr, Ernest Rutherford, and Albert Einstein to name just a few more.

I guess Rutherford was onto something when he explained, "Every scientific man ought to smoke as he has to have the patience of a dozen jobs in research work."

Welcome back. Being from the "Atomic City" I have no objection to your field of study.

Glad to see you return! I am right down the street. I saw your post about Shakori Hills. That is an interest event to say the least! I have been a couple of times and it is a hoot if for nothing else to watch a bunch of old and new hippies trying to recapture the glory of Woodstock, Southern style!

Welcome back!

You were the only guy at the TAPS meetings younger than me - ever :) Hope to catch you at the next one.

-Andrew

adauria":14525zpy said:
Welcome back!

You were the only guy at the TAPS meetings younger than me - ever :) Hope to catch you at the next one.

-Andrew
I hope to start attending the TAPS meetings again; I've sat on many a second-Tuesday evening and thought "darn, I wish I didn't have so much homework!" I hope to make it to the May meeting, but it's right in the middle of exams, so we'll see. How did the N.C. smoking bill affect TAPS? Isn't there a rule against allowing <21 into private clubs (if they went that route)? In that case, I'll have to join in June when I'm finally 21+.

It's great to see so many familiar names still active on this board. This is the only online forum I've ever really felt warmly welcomed into, and now I get to be warmly welcomed into it all over again! :D

I don't believe Duffy's is a private club. You might want to give them a call and double check though. But if you were allowed in last time, you should be allowed in this time.

They simply opened a patio for outside smoking and now forbid it indoors (per the smoking ban enacted by illustrious governor and state legislature).

-Andrew