Hello all, new to the board and to pipes.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrible Tim

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone!

I'm Tim, from Knoxville TN. I've been smoking pipes since last November, so I'm a nubie. I have gotten into pretty heavily and have already acquired 17 pipes and a couple of vintage racks. Most of my pipe are estate pipes, but I have accumulated some nice ones. My favorites are my three Kaywoodies and my Meerschaum lined pipes. I have a nice Mastercraft meerschaum briar, that's wrapped in pigskin. I also have some nice Dr.Grabows. I have a couple, pretty nice briars, that I have not been able to find anything on. One is a Lloyd George, made in France and another is a Lord Haig "imported bruyere"...has anyone heard of either of these?

This pipe thing has quickly become a small obsession for me and I have become very passionate about my pipes. I just wanted to introduce myself to you all, I look forward to making some new pipe friends on here.

Hola, Tim. Glad to have you here. As you will find, I think we all are affected by PAD (pipe acquisition disorder) and TAD (Tobacco acquisition disorder). If you ever find that you need to break free of these disorders, I will gladly send you my address so that I may take the pipes and tobaccos off your hands in order to help you.  :lol!: 

Seriously, we are glad to have you here, and enjoy the disorders. This is a massive support group for them.

JP

Good to have you, Tim. There's a lot of knowledge on these boards for a newbie pipe smoker.

Welcome! Hope you're not as terrible as you say... :lol!: 

Hey Tim,

Welcome to the board and to a wonderful community. You're learn a lot here for sure.

On a side note, I honeymooned with my wife in Knoxville just over 15 years ago. You've got some pretty country there for sure.

Terrible Tim":qq7ax4ix said:
Greetings Everyone!

I'm Tim, from Knoxville TN. I've been smoking pipes since last November, so I'm a nubie. I have gotten into pretty heavily and have already acquired 17 pipes and a couple of vintage racks. Most of my pipe are estate pipes, but I have accumulated some nice ones. My favorites are my three Kaywoodies and my Meerschaum lined pipes. I have a nice Mastercraft meerschaum briar, that's wrapped in pigskin. I also have some nice Dr.Grabows. I have a couple, pretty nice briars, that I have not been able to find anything on. One is a Lloyd George, made in France and another is a Lord Haig "imported bruyere"...has anyone heard of either of these?

This pipe thing has quickly become a small obsession for me and I have become very passionate about my pipes. I just wanted to introduce myself to you all, I look forward to making some new pipe friends on here.
Lloyd's with two L's was made by Comoy, Lloyd George I'm unsure of. Lord Haig, I've never heard of. If you could post a photo of them someone might recognize them.
Welcome aboard sir. ;)