Hello all

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stogiegila

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

I just registered and wanted to introduce myself. I've been a cigar smoker for over 20 years. I got into smoking pipes about 12 years ago and was pretty heavy with it. But over time I just leaned more toward cigars. I sold off a bunch of my higher end pipes (but kept of few just in case ;) ) This was about 7-8 years ago... I am sorry about selling off my Tinsky's though :(

Well, recently as the weather here started to cool off, I got a strong urge to start up with my pipes again. There is something about a cool night, a good book and smoking a pipe. Cool is a relative term as I'm in AZ :sunny:

Well I dusted off my old pipes and ordered some tobacco online (which I'm still waiting for :bounce: )

I also picked up a tin of Esoterica Margate at my local B&M and kicked back the other night with my favorite pipe (Savinelli carved bent billard) and I must say, for being away for so long it wasn't a bad smoking experience at all.

I used to like Margate very much and it was still just as enjoyable as I remembered. Although I did find it a bit more perfumey than I remembered.

Stuff I have on order:
AC Peterson Escudo
GL Pease Blackpoint
McClelland Frog Morton (was always one of my favorites)
Dunhill My Mixture 965 (was another one of my standbys) read that it isn't made anymore but is coming back.
GL Pease Embarcadero

I'm busy now reading through a ton of posts here and am always looking for recommendations and advice. I still have plenty of cigars at home, but am looking forward to getting back into my pipes.

Thanks

sorry about the Tinsky. lots of talented pipemakers (including tinsky) posting their wares on the BoB if you feel the need to replace it.

i'm a big fan of frog morton. just had gl pease's maltese falcon. it's like you took frog morton in mixed it with pease's westminster. was quite impressed.

welcome to the BoB!

Welcome to BoB and I am new here too. I find it most enjoyable here and good friendly people.

Skip

Stogiegila --

Welcome back to pipedom. Lots of great folks here, make yourself at home, Brother!

By the way, AWESOME username. The double g's kinda threw me at first glance...

Thanks Trout!

Everyone seems to have trouble with it. I found my old Avatar picture if you can make it out.

Howdy Sto-gie-gila and welcome to Mayhem amongst the Briars and Brothers. :cheers:

Welcome to the brotherhood, sir!! I hope that your stay is a very enjoyable one! And, I'm sure it will be!! This is a pretty darn good bunch of fellows here! Well... maybe not pretty... but, good, nonetheless!! :lol: Welcome!!!

Robert