Hello All!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tleek

Reaction score
I've been checking this forum for various reasons almost daily since I began smoking pipes about a year ago. Yesterday i finally decided to join.

A little about me. I am one of the rare breed of young pipe smokers. I bought my first pipe the day after my 18th birthday, along with some Captain Black Gold. At the time i didn't know it probably wasn't a good idea to buy a real pipe at the same store that sells various blown glass "Tobacco Devices", fake urine, and a whole host of other "gifts". Anyway, the pipe was horrible and after a couple days with a bitten tongue and a belly full of tobacco juice i found a real tobacconist. I became friends with the owner and a few regulars who introduced me to non aromatics. I was given a few tins of virginias and Vapers, and purchased some house aros and a few nice pipes. I am from a small town however and the store wasn't able to keep a large variety of pipes or tobacco. I soon found a larger place about a half hour or so away that could. I Purchased my first English blend there and have been primarily a smoker of all types of light, medium and full english blends ever since. I have also amassed a collection of sixteen or seventeen quality pipes, so i guess i dove into the hobby fairly quickly. My favorite pipes I would have to say are Wilmers and Petersons. i Also have a few Savinellis, a Longchamps, an old Sasieni, a Nording, and a few other pipes from lesser known makers and a few basket pipes.

Anyway, i apologize for the long and rambling bio. I am looking forward to being a member of this site and learning more and more about my favorite hobby!

-Tleek :D

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy reading & posting here

"T"

Welcome aboard!
I'm new here too. Like you, I started young, but that seems a long time ago now. I couldn't tell you how many pouches of Captain Black I sucked through gurgling Grabows before I learned the error of my ways. You're lucky to have fallen in with a good crowd.

Welcome to the board. Remember it's now how you start but how you finish and I can see by you amassed collection this is kinda like a sprint. Lol. Enjoy the post and comradere light a pipe and have some fun

Jon