Hello All!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Mike

Reaction score
My name is Mike and I'm from Long Island, NY. I have been a cigar smoker for years and often thought about giving a pipe a try. With the guidance of a friend (and fellow BoB) I purchased my first pipe in February and found that I enjoyed it tremendously. Since that time I have aquired a few more pipes and have been experimenting with differnt tobacco blends. I love this message board and the wealth of information that it contains and hoping that one day I may contribute something usefull to somebody. Cheers!

Yeah, Welcome mike.

Yep, its a fun site here , to be sure.

So what sort of baccy are ya kin to ? :D

And pipes! show us your pipes man! or at least , do you have a favorite pipe? and whats your dream pipe ? Stuff like that :D

Welcome brother. Whereabouts on the Island are you? We have several other proud Long Islanders among us.

My mothers family used to live in Long Beach but most have moved away. I still have some family in Hempstead.

Thanks Guys

Rob, My friend is Wintermute

DustyRoundup":v5tvs04t said:
Yeah, Welcome mike.

Yep, its a fun site here , to be sure.

So what sort of baccy are ya kin to ? :D

And pipes! show us your pipes man! or at least , do you have a favorite pipe? and whats your dream pipe ? Stuff like that :D
Of the blends I have tried I seem to like navy blends (C&D Blockade runner) and some of the milder english blends like Frog Morton OTT, Have tried some aeros but I'm just not enjoying them as much as the others. All my pipes are good smokers but I guess my favorite so far is The Castello Sea Rock.

Dave I am from Franklin Square which is about 3 miles west of Hempstead, NY

Top o' the morning to ya, Irish Mike! Welcome from a fellow old cigar, new pipe smoker. I am sure you have plenty to contribute, my good sir!