Hello BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spuddaddy

Reaction score
Hi BoB
My son bought me a Savinelli 601 for CHRISTmas 2013.
It took me 3 weeks to light it.
Didn't know how to pack it, what to pack it with, how to light it, what to light it with.
Spent a a lot of time online trying to get answers to all my questions.
I found a place where an "old" guy sends a "new" guy samples from his cellar.
My "old" guy sent me 19 samples.
Some I really liked. Penzance, Special Latakia Flake, Blue Mountain.
Some not so much......I won't mention blends for this one for two reasons. One I may go back and try them again and find I like them. Two I don't want to get flamed.
I also found I liked Presbyterian which was recommended by Fr_Tom.
And I like Margate on a recommendation from TheBriary.

I'm a newb.... I'm having fun.

Weclome! no need to worry about flames here. We will just light your pipe for you. We have people that smoke all blends.... Enjoy your time here!

d4klutz":aforpqky said:
Weclome!  no need to worry about flames here.  We will just light your pipe for you.  We have people that smoke all blends....  Enjoy your time here!
Thanks d4klutz
I really like that cellar link you have....
I didn't have time to research....is it free??
That's cool!

Welcome to BoB Spuddaddy, blimey, 19 samples, that was incredibly kind of your 'old guy', you're doing well keeping in mind that tastes can and do change over time, what may seem repellent now may seem delightful a week from now, all a part of the magic of pipe smoking, enjoy the journey.  :cheers: :sunny: 

Yes, the cellar link is free.. just create and account and it keeps all the info for you.

Welcome to BoB! And no, we won't flame you no matter what blends you like. And the tobacco cellar is a godsend (my web link), I'd be lost without it

"T"

Welcome Spud. Enjoy your time here.

Lots of great info and helpful friendly folks to speed you on your journey. Never be bashful about your choices - it's what you like that's important!

:D 

Cheers,

RR

Don't worry about getting flamed. When it comes to pipes, its so subjective that one man's penzance is another man's prince albert. Enjoy your sampling. If you live another 100 years you just might be able to try everything thats out there!

Welcome aboard!

Milkmanv1":syf6062b said:
Don't worry about getting flamed. When it comes to pipes, its so subjective that one man's penzance is another man's prince albert. Enjoy your sampling. If you live another 100 years you just might be able to try everything thats out there!

Welcome aboard!
Thanks Milkmanv1

I'm sure if I said "Frog Albert Vanilla Flake" sucked I would have found the the underside of things.... :lol!: 

And as far as the 100 years.....I hope not to be around that long.....so i got to speed things up!! :bounce: 

Spuddaddy":dgx7do2e said:
LordTemplar":dgx7do2e said:
Welcome Brother.
Thanks LordTemplar
How is the Meat Pie...
I bought a tin but haven't opened it yet.
It is terrific. I like its mellow sweetness and the smokey latakia which melds very well into this mixture.

Welcome 'ol chap. My son's only 7 but I can't wait until he buys me a pipe!

Hello and Welcome to the BOB forum, from John in NJ.  :study: 
Great story and I think you'll find the same from members here.  :cheers: 

welcome spud daddy or as I call you potato father... you get around like I do .. enjoy the fun here.. Mark